Need a good moisturizing AS

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by tito catson, May 5, 2014.

1. tito catson

tito catson Active Member

I need to find a good moisturizing AS. I've been using AOS balm and my face is still dry. Any suggestions? Thanks and have a great day everybody!

2. Dusan

Dusan Active Member

Arko After Shave cream(Maximum comfort is one I used, but probably all variants are great). Cheap and effective, more moisturizing than Nivea balm and less greasy.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I find the Institut Karité to be an exceptional post-shave product that not only moisturizes, but keeps the face feeling good all day. Not cheap, but a quality product.
    See: HERE.

4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Sampsons is what I use daily. It is very nice. A small jar lasts a long, long time.

5. digitaldome

digitaldome Well-Known Member

Speick after shave balm...Love this stuff
    or Trumpers Skin Food. I have the Coral and the Lime skin food. It will turn you into a faceturbator...

6. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

For me, the best balm is hands down Nivea Sensitive in the white glass bottle.

As far as splashes go, I'd recommend Thayer's Witch Hazel or Pinaud Clubman.

7. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Anyone try Jack Black?

8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Have you considered Unrefined Shea Butter?

9. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Lucky Tiger AS/face tonic always does the job for me. Has all kinds of good stuff in it and does not have any fragrance oils in it. It will not clash with your cologne.

Dave

stingraysrock likes this.
  10. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

I would recommend three: Nancy Boy Cooling, Castle Forbes, and L'Occitane Cade.

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Lucky Tiger works for me as well. I also suggest trying the Poraso liquid creme.

12. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

Jack Black products are very very good........I use their double duty facial moisturizer with their protein serum on a daily basis.

13. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

They seem a little pricey, but you pay for what you get.

14. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I use Pacific Shaving Daily Moisturizer on my dome and it does pretty well. Not greasy and keeps the skin feeling soft all day. Ladies always want to rub it lol

PatrickA51 likes this.
  15. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

My two favorites are Musgo Real balm and Wet Shave Obsession's aftershave balm (in Green Irish Tweed) Institut Karite is nice and so too I Coloniali Rhubarb balm

16. jmr986

jmr986 New Member

I'm a newbie but have been testing samples. So far I've tried; Fine American Barber, Fresh Vetiver, Trumper Coral Skin Food, Nivea Sensitive, Clubman Pinaud, Usher AS balm, and Pre de Provence. So far PdP is in first place followed by Nivea. As my technique improves I find I have a lot less razor burn. I like PdP smell and moisturising abilities. I work out in the evening so I shave at night. With PdP my face feels smooth not greasy the next morning. Nivea feels a little more greasy but not off-putting by any means. With less and less razor burn I do enjoy the smell of the Fine products and will buy full bottles once I'm done with the samples.

17. mfrancis79

mfrancis79 Well-Known Member

Gingers Garden feels the best to me, large scent list.

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks to @michaelAD recommedation I've been using this...

71qd2R2USwL._SL1500_.jpg

19. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

If I have a particularly irritating shave I mix a small pea size dab of Aveeno eczema therapy cream with whatever balm I use. Moisturizes, soothes and heals quickly. Colloidal oatmeal.

20. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

Boojum1 likes this.