Kent BLK4

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by fairlite, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Nice! You'll enjoy it. I love my BLK8

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Ho hum...

Just kidding, Pete. I hope you enjoy it. I know I do! :D

Left to right: BK8, BLK4 (unused), BLK2, BK4

Attached Files:

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

nice lineup

4. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Is there a reason you have not used yours? Or is just because you have a BK4 and there is no difference except the handle?

Pete

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I've had (and used) a BLK4 since September or so. Was going to buy another for my son for Christmas, but didn't get my order placed in time. So, I gave him mine and this one just showed up a couple of days ago. I could trade with him, but see little point. Once this one gets wet, it'll look just like his anyway. And yes, they are the same, but for the socket colour.

6. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

That is a nice looking brush...I'm thinking I may need a brush for use with creams, how does the blk4 stack up in the cream dept?? Thanks for any info.

Steve

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Some claim that stiffer, more dense brushes are better with soaps. More flexible brushes (which the Kents certainly are) are supposedly better for creams. As far as I'm concerned, you can make lather from anything with a Kent. Very soft, not at all scrubby. Here's the rest of my avatar pic...:D

Attached Files:

8. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi Michael, you certainly have a nice collection of brushes and the blk's are beautiful. How do the Kent's compare to the Simpsons you have as far as creams go? Which of the Kent's would you recommend for cream? Thanks again.

Steve

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Simpson seems to be a bit on the inconsistent side. I'm not the right guy to ask, really, as lots of guys have much more experience with them. I have a Tulip T2 Super which I really like. Don't tell Vanessa, but it may just be my favorite brush right now. Quite stiff and scrubby, though nowhere near the Rooney 3/1 I just bought from Steve. Very soft tips and just does a wonderful job - soaps or creams.

My only other Simpson is my new PJ2 Best. It's very soft and flexible, not at all like the T2. Not quite as flexible as the BLK4, but along those lines. Again, lathers both soaps and creams very well.

To answer your question, the '4 is my favorite Kent, but they are ALL great with creams (soaps too, but you asked about creams). The BK8 is very nice, but quite large. Maybe a tad more dense than the BK/BLK4, but still very comfortable.

Bottom line is, I don't think I really understand what a cream or soap brush IS. All of mine do both very well. To me, it all boils down to how they feel on my face.

Sorry for the lousy pic, but... L-R: Simpson PJ2, Rooney 3/1 Super, Kent BK8, Simpson Tulip T2 and Kent BK4

Attached Files:

10. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Ok Michael, thanks a lot for the info..quite a collection of brushes you have there.

Steve