Fine Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Lexicon Devil, May 11, 2014.

1. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I have RazoRock XXX made by Fine, also have the American blend. They are great smelling! I just wished the bottles were bigger.

3. Lexicon Devil

Looking at the site, I see the bottles are a little over 3oz. That is a bit small.

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I've never tried them, but I've been tempted to get their sampler.

Lexicon Devil likes this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I own a bottle of the Razorock XXX AS and have a bottle of the American Blend on the way.

Since the XXX AS was a limited edition run, I wanted another Fine Aftershave since I love the performance so much. Such simple ingredients, but so effective.

6. Lexicon Devil

Great to hear. I can't wait

7. shmuel

shmuel Member

I have the Fresh Vetiver and it is very nice. All his AS have only water, alcohol, fragrance and menthol. I will enjoy it more in the summer, I think. A nice choice unless you are averse to menthol.

8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I only have the Snake Bite which is not offered in the sampler. I find it a good no nonsense menthol after shave with a clean post shave feel and simple ingredients. The general buzz is all good when it comes to Fine products.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

10. Ryan B

All the scents sound so awesome, so I had a hard time picking a scent even though I thought I had it all figured out.

Lexicon Devil and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

13. Ryan B

My bottle of American Blend arrived yesterday and I used it today.

Wow! It has that classic old school barbershop scent that you have to smell to understand what I'm saying. But I remember smelling something like this in the barbershop that I went to when I was really little.

My face feels refreshed, toned, and I smell awesome. There's also menthol in this, which I love. I'll probably end up buying everyone of Fine's scents.

14. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Received a bottle of American Blend for the holiday TSD Secret Santa last year. I love it, love everything about it...SWMBO however, dislikes the scent and gets mad when I use it.

15. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Well.....somebody in that shop was wearing YSL Rive Gauche. LOL

I had the American Blend and loved it for two weeks. Then it just hit my nose wrong, I started to hate it. This is going to sound a bit odd but it just lasts too long. I could put the AS on at 4:00 am and it would still be going strong on me at 4 am the next day. Even in summer! I ended up giving it to my Dad, he loves it. When I am around him while he is wearing it seems to burn off him quickly. But it sticks to me like bug spray!

16. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I got samples of American Blend, Italian Citrus and L'Orange Noir. Performance is fantastic, leaves my face feeling great, but I didn't much like any of the scents and my wife Hated them all. Too cologne-y for my tastes, and quite strong.

Really wanted to like them and obviously lots of folks do, but they're not for me.

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used my Fine Platinum aftershave for the first time today. I am no scent guru, but this is excellent! It is supposed to be based on Creed Aventus. It also has more menthol than I expected. I am impressed. All the “Buzz” seems to be well placed!

I liked the original bottles. It is too bad the supplier could not keep up with the demand. The good news is that the new glass bottles have the original labels showing “100ml”, but they contain 120ml at the same price!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    ObiDon, Adonis, Lexicon Devil and 4 others like this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I just ordered some Platinum on Friday. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

19. Lexicon Devil

What is the Platinum? I got my sampler in and there was no Platinum.:( Oh well.

I really enjoy this aftershave. My face feels great after use. The scents are all pretty good. Here they are in order of preference:

Clean Vetiver. Lovely scent, earthy, grassy smokey and awesome.
    Fresh Vetiver. This has the signature Vetiver scent but not as pronounced. Also a bit soapier than the Clean.
    L'orange Noir. Notes of orange with strong, earthy backbone, very nice
    American Blend. Classic American barbershop scent.
    Italian Citrus. Nice citrus scent but a little too sweet for me.
    Savon Lavonde- very lavender scent but waaaaay too sweet for me. Too floral for my tastes as well.

I will definitely make the purchase of at least the top two to three, but now I have this Platinum business to deal with. Hmmm.

20. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny