Mama Bear Shave Sticks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by qhsdoitall, Feb 15, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Anybody clever enough to know how to make a shave stick out of a Mama Bear Soap?

2. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I guess you could take a used QED container, push the plunge thing back to the bottom, melt the soap and pour it in.

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Thought of that but I don't have a QED stick and I'm not ordering anything from QED in a long while, especially since the sticks are special order and not on the site.

4. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

6. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Those are perfect!

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I made a shave stick from a Mama Bear soap after seeing this thread the other night.

I just dis-assembled and cleaned an empty unscented deodorant stick container, and poured the melted soap in the container. Let it cool, and it was ready to use.

It worked great. Best shave I've had in awhile. I didn't use a brush but I missed my brush. :o

8. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

what an outstanding idea!!! I have not used a shave stick yet, but have to travel in a couple of months and this would be perfect. So to make sure...you get it wet? then rub it on your face? and then use a brush?

9. xChris

xChris Member

Yep...

Rub it against the grain of your beard for maximum soap depositing, then hit it with a damp brush to get the lather started up. Re-wet the brush tips slightly after the first 30 seconds to finish it up. Once you've worked it up on your face, you should have enough lather for a 3-pass shave.

10. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

thank you xchris! I can hardly wait to try it out.

11. Baron

Baron New Member

how did you clean it out????

12. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

had to be magic! Or she used her tongue.:rofl (hey thats how I get my peanutbutter spoon clean.)

13. Queen of Blades

I just disassembled the container, and washed it in hot soapy water. Then scrubbed out any residual deodorant. It was an unscented deo, so there was no concern of getting rid of lingering scents.

Then I just let the container dry, re-assembled, and poured in the soap.

:eek: Ewwww gross Bob! ::ban

14. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

:signs113 :eek:

Do you Ladies and Gentlemen want me to stock and sell those containers for you.....? I tub of soap would make two shave sticks...

15. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I would vote yes on that.

P.S. I got curious and licked my deoderant.......just might be the freshest breath I've had.....of course now I am drinking a coke to get rid of the taste.
    (seriously....I did, why? Just to make JoAnna feel better!!! And by golly she better!!!!

16. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I am pretty sure that she will... she laughed at me for a month when I licked my alum block... right Jo? :rofl

Big Hugs! You're a good man Bob :D

17. Queen of Blades

Gee thanks Bob! :rolleyes: I think I'm gonna throw up now! :eek:

What is it about you "bears"? Y'all will taste anything! A little alum for Sue, and a bit o' deo for Bob!

:sick007

18. Baron

Baron New Member

huh... mine just got all stuck together and I couldn't dig out the remaining deodorant... guess I just have to work on it a bit more

19. Queen of Blades

Use a pair of scissors to dig out the remaining deo. Hot, hot water should dissolve the rest.

20. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I ordered in some samples of the stick containers (for lack of a better word) and will see what the quality is like... I will let you know as soon as I can, all this deodorant licking is starting to get to me.... :o