After Shave Question Pinaud or Bay Rum?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Lathered, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

I like them all.
    Currently using the Vanilla and Original.

2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I don't know that my wife shows that much fury, but she doesn't like Clubman, so I don't like Clubman. She also doesn't like Aqua Velva, so I don't wear it either.

3. Pop Pops Razor

A lot of women usually 30 and under don't like clubman. Over e0 they do because they probably remember their dad's wearing it. The Original, Vanilla, and Bay Rum are my faves. How is the special reserve, anyone know? What does it smell like? I'd like to try it? ? It's the only one I having tryed, hard to find until internet.

4. Pop Pops Razor

Jeris Makes Osage.

5. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

A further note on my previous post: Just tried the Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails. I MUCH prefer it to the standard CC Bay Rum (which is pretty darned good).
    The Co9T is not quite my good old 1976 vintage Royall Bay Rhum, but it's as close as I've found to date (including current production RBR...) and I can highly recommend it to those looking for a full strength bay rum.

6. Pop Pops Razor

Royall is Awesome bay rum!
    The spice scent is great too, love them both!

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've used two Clubman types-each about the same actually, and just Stephan's for Bay Rum(so far). I love Clubman on me in cold weather. I like Clubman over my Stephan's(but I like Stephan's too). One thing I'll say about your ideas-both are "old-school barbershop" which is a pretty good way to go by itself.

8. Paul Turner

Shaking is vital.

9. Paul Turner

Google Clubman and I believe it's Clubman.com(their regular site). You'll gdet info on the Special Reserve there.