Fine Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Lexicon Devil, May 11, 2014.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I rolled out the Platinum again this morning. Yep, it is just as good!

[​IMG]

Adonis and Tdmsu like this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I used the Platinum this morning... excellent in all respects. The scent is outstanding.

Bobcat likes this.
  3. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Your description of fresh pineapple and with the dry down of cedar sold me on this. Reminds me of Creeds Aventus. Are you familiar with Aventus? Are they similar?

Thanks,

Jesse

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Jesse-It was based on Creed Aventus. Good nose...........

moz68 likes this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I have not tried Creed Aventus, but now I'm curious about it. If you get the Platinum, please let me know what you think!

Paul

Baggered and moz68 like this.
  6. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Sure thing Thanks Paul. Ordered it this morning thanks to your enabling. ;)

Tdmsu likes this.
  7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

So I looked into Aventus... yikes! Too rich for my blood! I'll stick with Platinum

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just sampled Fine Italian Citrus this morning. Definitely a keeper and going on my wish list. SWMBO likes it too.

9. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

I have the Snake Bite because I love the menthol blast on these warm and humid mornings in South Louisiana. I just bought the American Blend but haven't used it yet. I haven't tried the others. Perhaps you can give us a critique on them since you've ordered the samples.

What I like about the Snake Bite is that I don't seem to have a "film" on my face when I use it. It's just alcohol, fragrance, and menthol. I'm much more comfortable with it.

Lexicon Devil and Kilgore Trout like this.
  10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Snake bite is next on my list.

I used XXX the other day and it was amazing. My girlfriend says I smell like an old man when I wear it, but I don't care.

American Blend is also really good.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

See post #19 for my brief thoughts on each scent.

12. Littlemax

Littlemax Member

Over time I have purchased the entire line. They are all very nice. My fav is the American blend. #1 in my rotation.

13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just received the Fine sampler yesterday. All seven varieties for $20. My biggest problem is I go into vapor lock deciding which to use.

Weeper Warrior and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Today I used their Snake Bite for menthol Monday. Wow

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have snake bite, and Platinum coming today.

Omelmad and Bobcat like this.
  16. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

Love the Vetever and American blend!

Bobcat likes this.
  17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Today I used the orange noir. Very nice. Started with a moderate alcohol warmth and is finishing with a pleasing scent. Winner

Bobcat likes this.
  18. Dr John

Dr John Member

I've purchased all except Platinum (on it's way... ordered 2 by mistake though) and Snakebite (maybe next time). I like the Clean Vetiver a bit better than the Fresh vetiver, but all others (American blend, Lavandar, L'orange Noir, Italian Citrus) are also winners !! Actually, I just ordered a backup bottle of Italian Citrus and Clean vetiver. I can't help myself :)

BTW.... many women have provided compliments. I would recommend any of these scents !

RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.
  19. Dr John

Dr John Member

... oh... one more thing;

To me the Amer Blend starts off a bit too grassy (almost the scent of 'celery' to my nose) but it dries down to a very pleasing aroma. I like it.

Bobcat likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Platinum is something very special. It's in my top 3. Right behind Speick. Snake bite, great label! Just can't get the hang of it. And I like cold..

Bobcat likes this.