Your Opinion-Part II

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by oscar11, Jan 21, 2014.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Both are very very nice. The more I use a cappuccino cup to lather the more I want a longer handled brush so I'm with you on that one. Seems like once I really get to whipping up lather it ends up half way up my fingers.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Both gorgeous, but the orange one looks easier to use in a mug.

PatrickA51 and Bristle Me like this.
  3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Amazing! I'm looking for one like your blue one to go with my Cobalt Blue OS mug. Is that a WD knot?

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I prefer the orange one, slightly, but feel like the knot's a bit too tall.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like them both. the blueone s bit more

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Damn!

I had exactly the same thought! That brush would fairly light up the place when paired with the Blue Old Spice Mug!

I guess I'm second in line if you want to part with the Orange brush Steve...

@Luteplayers
    No like to clang?

PatrickA51 and Luteplayers like this.
  7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

The orange brush looks like a great design for its intended purpose. It should work well for mug lathering. I personally would be partial to the blue one. Can you share the knot and loft for the blue? i really like that setup.

8. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Nice job both look great

9. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I can't remember. I got the knot from hanzo (a member here). If I remember correctly he ordered some knots from China and they were supposed to be HMW. He figured they weren't and I agree. It shed like crazy for awhile but settled down nicely and is just a marvelous knot and doesn't shed at all anymore. I took it out of the blue and black handle and put it in this one. The specs now are 30mm knot with a loft of 52mm. I took the knot out of the orange one and rehandled it too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  10. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I love longer brushes, I just do :) Not overly fond of the Orange color but that is a personal thing so irrelevant, I really like the Opaque look you did in the Knot Hole that is really cool..

oscar11, Bristle Me and ObiDon like this.
  11. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

I really do like the look of that smoke colored handle. :drool:

Oscar, what sort of glue are you using that allows you to move and remove the knots from one handle to another like this without any apparent wear & tear? Does epoxy really release that cleanly with just steam? Silicone? E6000? :signs002:

Inquiring minds would like to know. :D

12. david of central florida

20140622_131213.jpg Oscar do you have room for a restoration of my grandfather's brush? 20140622_131228.jpg

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I like the blue one, too.

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

+1

15. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

This is another superlative works that you turn out. I almost would like to buy them all!

16. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

It costs me the handle most of the time, I cut them out. Sometimes I'll use a piece of duct tape or electrical tape on the bottom of the plug and a drop of crazy glue. After a few shaves the knot will usually fall out.
    There are people much better qualified for restoration work than me. I'm not trying to be modest either, I just haven't done much of that type of thing so I lack the experience and would feel really bad screwing up your grandfathers brush. Try contacting Gary Carrington, he has the experience. Garry is a member and done a lot of really good restoration work. If Garry can't help you out, get in touch, we'll figure something out.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  17. david of central florida

ok thank you

18. david of central florida

Gary did you read this. are you up for a restore of an old brush?
    I was thinking silver tip. but after your post in menthol Monday a boar would be nice also. probably won't be able to do anything on my end till this no buy July thing is over. shoot me a pm, if interested, or if not, just to let me know. thanks

19. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I've liked all of your brushes. I like both of them but Im actually browning for a brush with longer handle atm and there fore the one on the left is a winner today =) looks like one would get a really good grip of it while loading and lathering =)

20. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

For mug lathering I would say the Orange one. As PanChango pointed out though, it does look a little unbalanced.