Which Movies had scenes where Actors used straight/safety razors ?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SSLSTudio..., Mar 9, 2007.

1. SuperSpeed

SuperSpeed New Member

Brokeback Mountain?

I can't believe I did not see reference to this here (is there another similar thread? :confused:), but very early in the movie Brokeback Mountain, the character Jack Twist is (dry?) shaving his face in the sideview mirror of his pickup truck with what looked to me like a Gillette Fatboy Adjustable (or maybe even the "original" 195?).

--Morrie

2. jwheat74

jwheat74 New Member

Resistance

Bill Paxton shaves with a Str8 in the movie "Resistance".

3. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Their is also a guy shaving with a straight in the opening scene but I payed more attention to her in the shower

Issy

4. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Can't remember if I posted in here with this or not, but I have just completed all the available seasons of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. There were about three scenes of the commander shaving w/ a Merkur Futur. There was also one scene where a pilot was whipping up lather w/ a boar brush and applying to his face. Didn't do a very good job though. The lather looked pretty thin and airy to me. I wonder if they have AV in space 'cause I know he had some razor burn after that! :happy102

5. Will

Will Nevermind

French movie called High Tension (I think Dean Koontz should sue them for plagiarism, all but the ending is just like Intensity).

The killer uses a straight.

6. retrorazor

retrorazor New Member

Slumdog Millionaire has two shaving references

Slumdog Millionaire follows Jamal Malik to love and fortune through the lens of kismet, or "Maktub" <strong>it is writte </strong>

Two scenes have shaving references:

Early in the film, when young Jamal and Selim are running from the cops, there is the chase scene through the slum. Great 2-3 seconds of a barbershop straight shaving:
    [​IMG]

">Videoclip of straight razor-scene</a>

And in the climax, brother Selim allows Latika to escape the gangster compound, by martyring himself. When Selim is running into the bathroom, you can see a Shaving Brush in the background:

[​IMG]
    In the spirit of Indian Shaving Culture, I give props to one of the first shave creams I ever purchased:Godrej

7. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

How about a line from a song? "Poke(Polk) Salad Annie", sung by Tony Joe White- a *Long* time ago. No, longer than that!:D Here's the verse with the razor reference:

Poke salad Annie, 'gators got you granny.
    Everybody said it was a shame
    'Cause her mama was aworkin' on the chain-gang
    (a wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman,
    Lord have mercy. Pick a mess of it)

8. minderasr

minderasr Member

I don't have a clip, but last weeks Episode of Smallville showed Lana Lane cutting her hair with a straight razor in a gas station bathroom.

9. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

Straight Scenes;

Beginning of "The Untouchables" Al Capone (Robert De Niro) get's a straight shave and the barber cuts him, with the reply from Capone "It's OK" :D

One of the midseries episodes of "True Blood" a female vamipre cuts her neck to be able to turn Bill into an vampire

Dunno if someone has posted these already, haven't got time to read through it all... :D

10. sas71

sas71 Member

11. Straight!

Heheh maniac Sweeney :p I thought everyone would forget that movie but I see someone mentioned it. Well I guess those customers will have to complaint about bad shaving irritation on their necks!

:happy102

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned. Maybe I am just missing it...

Pink Floyd the Wall...

English Aluminum Tech, Gillette Blade... "Pink" shaves during a breakdown/high and just goes a little further than the typical shave...

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

no one has mentioned this one yet..

HBO series (no longer in production) Carnivale

The preacher uses a straight in multiple episodes

14. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

dempsey.

theres straight shaving goin on in the back of the road house he stops off at whilst hitchhiking.

15. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Finally watched season one of Heroes (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm behind the times). There were two episodes of people shaving a straight. I find it kind of amusing that a "hip" show has these young actors shaving a straight razor when most of the audience would have no idea what one even looked like. Not being condescending here either; it's not the audiences fault. I just find it curious the directors would go that route. It looks bad ass and cool I suppose.

16. riffin

riffin Active Member

I think the idea, at least with Sylar, is that he has an eye for detail and is not afraid of danger.

17. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

There is a scene in Canonball Run II where the Shiek (Jamie Farr) is driving down the road while his slave (Doug McClure) lathers him up and prepares to shave him with what looks like a bone handled straight. He's got a good thick lather going in a mug held by the doctor (Jack Elam). Gotcheye procedes to eat the lather off the brush... funny stuff. :happy102

The camera cuts away to a woman wearing nothing but a g-string and pasties under a fur coat. The shiek pulls over to chat her up, and we see that the slave has finished shaving him, but he still has a little lather hanging in his moustache and beard... appears to have been a BBS shave!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgkvfke4h_w&feature=related

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

and if you pay close enough attention, they're singing the Gillette jingle..
    "To look Sharp!
    Lalalala, lala!
    To be Sharp!
    Lalalala, lala!"
    "I like the song so much, I bought the company!"

19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

if it hasn't been mentioned yet, in Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, towards the beginning the nurse is shaving Remo with a straight

20. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I was trying to place the song!

Thanks!