Which Movies had scenes where Actors used straight/safety razors ?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SSLSTudio..., Mar 9, 2007.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

Heroes - Cold Snap - 3/23/09

Opening scene Danko lathers up with a brush then drops a 7 AM blade into a Weishi razor. Looks like he almost sliced his cheek when he stops the razor as his security system goes off.

2. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I saw that episode too, and was ready to post it here. Funny how this is the first place we think of huh? Anyway I would also add that his lather looked quite awful. He wasn't gonna get a good shave anyway so it's a good thing his alarm went off!!! :happy102

3. Will

Will Nevermind

I still like the "shave the ice" bit. "So are you married or happy nuck nuck". :happy102

4. riffin

riffin Active Member

I didn't freeze it, but I suspect the shot where the alarm goes off, there was no blade in the razor. When he wiped the cream off, it looked like pretty clean underneath.

I also like the way they juxtaposed Bennet hoping into Petrelli's limo with spots of tissue in the next scene.

5. Dink

Dink New Member

Soylent Green is people!!!

I may be mistaken but doesn't Chuck Heston shave with a DE, sans cream, in the beginning of the film?

Cheers,
    David

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Just watched a Humphrey Bogart movie called "Black Legion". At around the 60 minute mark Bogey calls up his buddy Cliff Moore (portrayed by actor Joe Sawyer), Cliff answers the phone with lather on his face and he is holding what looks to be a 3 piece D/E in his hand, he tells Bogey he is getting ready for a date.

7. shaveking

shaveking New Member

shaving in movies

how about lee marvin in the professional---lathers with a brush and shaves with a straight, quite well.

8. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Valkyrie 2008 Tom Cruises character used a DE. I saw it before I was a wet shavers so I couldn't tell you what kind it was.

Anyone that followed the Japanese Show "Black Lagoon" Main character is shown briefly while "adjusting" to his new lifestyle, getting a straight shave in open air with what looked like no running water.

Not sure about this one but I think Roman Holiday had a scene with Greg Peck shaving but I'm not sure (Side note Audrey Hepburn is such a hottie)

C. S. Budzi

9. RnR

RnR Member

"Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor."

1962's The Longest Day

Edmond O'Brien as General Raymond D. Barton finishing up.

10. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Actor Colm Feroe in the Movie Pearl Harbor. He was the Admiral getting a shave with a str8 razor at the base Barber shop when he gets informed of the impending attack.

11. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen Floyd the barber on Andy Griffith show ever cut hair or give a shave? lol Hats off to all of the "old time" barbers for their profession and all the smells and memories!

12. Steve Mack

Steve Mack Member

Mississippi Burning

FBI agent Gene Hackman takes over for barber shaving suspect Deputy. Proceeds to scare the hell out of him as he shaves him with a SR. Intentionally cuts him a little. There is also a scene with everyones favorite Marine Gunny, R. Lee Ermey as the Mayor getting a shave.

13. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

The recent movie The Invention of Lying, when the hero's best friend is urging to him to clean himself up and make one last try at winning the girl, he hands him a DE razor of some kind.

Remember the shaving in the airplane restroom gag in Airplane?

14. nunogrl

nunogrl Member

Palmolive portuguese advert

I guess it's impossible to any of you know this..

it's an old portuguese advertiser for palmolive shaving cream

starring the bullfighter Mestre Baptista

[youtube]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBJSnMJYz3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBJSnMJYz3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/youtube]

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Nope don't speak a word of the language, but that didn't stop me from watching it several times through.

Thanks for sharing nunogrl! :happy088

16. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Recently saw the 2004 movie Starsky & Hutch, based on the 70s TV show. There's a brief view of Hutch (Owen Wilson) shaving with a DE, which I noticed because he's holding it all wrong, handle completely vertical. Probably no blade in it, and just scraping the foam off his face.

17. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

18. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Gangs of New York--Liam Neeson uses a straight at the beginning of the movie.

19. sedo

sedo New Member

johnny depp was shaving with a DE in "Pubic Enemies"

20. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Just watched "The Spoilers" this weekend. The Duke himself is shown finishing a straight razor shave.