Will a bottle of whiskey go bad for a week?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Jun 27, 2014.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I plan to buy a bottle of whiskey for my birthday, which is exactly 9 days from today. I want to buy the whiskey now, because it is on promotion. However, I hesitate, because I don't want it to expire or go bad in some way until my birthday. If I keep it unsealed and stored in my closet for 9 days, nothing will happen to it, right? Also, will the warm summer temperature in my room affect it in some way? I also have to mention that the bottle of whiskey is also closed in a metal tube, which I hope is good. Thank you.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Wiskey, opened or not, keeps nearly forever. Just keep it some place coolish and out of direct sun.

and... :party:

Adonis likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Um. No..enjoy! And Happy early Birthday!:bounce017: This will be your 21st. Oh my my. Have tons of fun.

4. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Thank you! But like I said, the room is not cool, but a little bit warm instead. Warm to the degree that I use a fan to keep it cool. I can keep it in a dark place, however, I can't keep it out of the warm room temperature. Are you sure that nothing will happen to it?

5. RaZorBurn123

Don't worry about it. Put it under your bed. You have a greater chance of opening it before your birthday then it going bad. A long time whiskey drinker..

Omelmad likes this.
  6. richgem

I wouldn't worry too much about temperature, certainly, a fan isn't necessary. It's not like it's going to spoil like milk or something. Just keep it tightly closed so nothing evaporates.

7. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I wouldn't leave it in the trunk of your car for several 90 degree days in a row, but your room will be fine. I have a bottle of 21-year-old The Glenlivet that a friend gave me for Christmas in 2010. (It was a special gift since I had been laid off.) I promised I wouldn't open it until I got my dream job, and it's still sitting on my counter. Don't worry, and enjoy. BTW - What type are you getting?

8. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I just bought it. It is a 12 year-old Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch whisky:
    [​IMG]

I will probably store it in my wardrobe or laid under my bed.

Chuck Yager, Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Aimless1

Aimless1 Active Member

One of favorites. The scotch will be fine. Hopefully you will enjoy it. If not I'm sure I can find a good home for it.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'll keep it for you, if you want to be safe.

ZacharytheEngineer and richgem like this.
  11. richgem

It's generally more comfortable to get laid on top of the bed, but whatever makes you happy. :D

That's a good friend.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I couldn't tell you, a bottle of whiskey normally doesn't last a week in my house...

:eatdrink047:

13. RaZorBurn123

:signs011:

PanChango likes this.
  14. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

You could put it in your closet for the next 10 years and it will be just fine.

Just don't try it with chocolate milk ;)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Yes - it will go bad - you need to search for 50 year or older whisky and send it all to me. ;)

:signs011:

richgem likes this.
  16. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Lord I hope not! I have whiskey in my basement that was bought over thirty years ago that I am drinking.

macaronus likes this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

lol 12 year old scotch isn't going to go bad in 9 days!!

Alcohol only goes bad in your stomach, after you've put too much in there...

Sontag and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

19. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Just give it a test drive this week, get another next. My bottles of rum last.... 5 days max :oops:

macaronus likes this.
  20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like this. :drool:

Sontag likes this.