WANTED

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TheDouglasJBarber, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Merkur FUTUR Adjustable DE Razor long handle w/out comb. Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

What do you mean by "without comb?"

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Well the 12C comes in an open-comb, so Elizabeth, I think, is looking for a closed(?) comb/"without comb" razor. :o

I'm pretty sure the Futur only comes in one style, Elizabeth. You can get it in different finishes, like gold plate, satin chrome, and polished chrome, but the head configuration is only a closed(?) comb style.

That's only my take on the subject. I could be wrong.

4. Comb DE

Well, I am not sure how to explain what I mean. I think Jo explained it well. Some of the DE's have a "guard" piece with pronounced teeth, which are comb-like. I think they were intended for use on a longer beard, which I prefer not to grow on my legs, lol!

:)'s Elizabeth

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Never seen an "open comb" Futur......yet

6. fritz

fritz New Member

And there are none. Perhaps Elizabeth means some other Merkur razor, which comes in either open comb or not?
    As far as I know, there are no Merkur adjustables with an open comb.

7. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I won't part from my Futur, and I from the looks of it noone else wants to either.

So, Elizabeth, the best advise seems to be for you to check the retailers on the web or ebay for a Futur.

I really like mine!

8. fritz

fritz New Member

But we're missing the more important question, I think. Why on earth would she want to shave her legs with a Futur? Even with no experience (shaving either my legs or hers!:D) it just seems like the wrong tool. In fact, the 12C open comb on the barberpole handle might be a really good choice, since it's very forgiving of bad angles. You'd have to work hard to nick yourself with a 12C, or a 1904 Classic open comb.

9. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Did you get the Futur yet?

10. Not Yet

No, not yet! I will, though. I was looking at reviews for the HD? I think that is how I will go.

Thanks for asking :).

Elizabeth

11. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Hiya..

I could sell ya a Futur..

But as some other folks have told you.. You dont want/need a Futur.. Go with the Merkur 23C.. Aka Long Handled classic..

PM me if you really want the Futur..

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Hmmm....Futur on a leg. :eek: A lot of weight to be controlling for such a large surface. Merkur 23C Classic Long Handle or a Gillette Ladies Long Handled TTO Razor are my suggestions but then again, I don't shave my legs.

13. Queen of Blades

Just to warn you, Rich. You're digging a hole. ;)

If you continue, Elizabeth and I will have to prove you wrong, and start shaving with Futurs. :p

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I am sure no one said you couldn't... but I will throw it out there and jump into the fire.

Is such an expensive and 'techy' razor REALLY required for such a task? Obviously you can make the same argument for men too..

I like clean legs on a woman as much as the next guy.. but still.. a Futur seems like a waste.

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I beg to differ, I'd say it was classy!

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I'm not saying you couldn't either. I'm just making a judgement call on a potential comfort factor. It's a very heavy razor and a lot of "men" reject it for just that reason along with it's aggressive shave tendencies. I almost sold mine a while back because I thought it was too much razor for me. I'm glad I recently retried it though. Much better now.

17. Queen of Blades

:rofl

Oh, I know you weren't saying that.

But we're women, we are wired to read between the lines of men's statements, whether there is anything there or not.

Isn't there a joke thread around here somewhere about all this? :confused:

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I tried that once on my wife. Tried to read between the lines of one of her statements. I still have the scorch marks. :rofl

19. Queen of Blades

That's cause women say what they mean. Men just don't listen very well. Not their faults really, they're wired that way.

20. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I would disagree with both of those statements. We listen fine when someone is clear with us.

:rolleyes: