Pinaud Clubman Products

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DentonMajik, Apr 12, 2014.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I happen to like Clubman.
    Regrettably, I'm the only one of five in our household that does. My wife does not care for it, particularly, and my sons have plenty of opinions on it, most of them negative such as,"…hey dad, you smell like an old man today…" and other similar observations. ;)
    Of course these guys all used to wear Axe, so I consider the source...:D

Slow Joe likes this.
  2. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Big fan of clubman and the talc. I find the talc to be very helpfull as I ride my motorcycle to work everyday.

GeneRector and crackstar like this.
  3. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

I got my samples today. Cant wait to try them out in the morning!

4. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I am ordering mine as well. Luckily, my wife also likes the Clubman products I have tried so far (sorry Kevin).

I am safe as long as I don't ever come near her with the Aqua Velva Musk again lol...

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i just received a bottle of clubman talc in the mail....i like it. i find the scent to be a powdery type scent...not a baby powder scent but more of a manly type old school smell. the powder itself is silky..i can see using this on a regular daily basis.

GeneRector likes this.
  6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I wonder how their hair gel/pomade is. Sometimes the big 16 oz tub is on sale on Amazon for $4.

8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

They used to make a Quinine Shampoo (now it's just a tonic). Apparently it was mentioned in a book that James Bond used it, so now there are millions of people who want it, but of course they don't make it anymore. If you come across a case at a garage sale, you can retire for the rest of your life.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/ed-pinaud-elixer-shampoo

ObiDon likes this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

One bottle is selling for 1,000 on eBay right now.
    Crazy :)

10. Mr. Shaverman

If I ever find an empty bottle, I'm going to fill it with a little handsoap and food coloring.... just kidding.

11. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I ordered a jar of the hair gel last week. It should arrive tomorrow. From the reviews I've seen it's supposed to be pretty good. I usually use American Crew gel, but the price doubled since my last purchase so I thought I'd give the Clubman a try. I'll let you know how it is.

Paul Turner and GeneRector like this.
  12. TMDE Dan

TMDE Dan Member

I have used the shampoo many times. The scent is just like the talc (which to me is slightly different from the aftershave). The shampoo leaves a very light scent that lingers a short while. Leaves your hair squeaky clean without drying it out.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I received my jar of the Clubman Regular Hold Hair Gel last week and used it several times since. I feather a small dab through moist, towel dried hair and style as usual. It smells much like the classic Clubman aftershave and dries to a matte finish which is not too stiff, and doesn't leave your hair looking oily or wet. I would classify the hold as light to medium (Clubman offers other products with more hold). It does not flake, yet it holds all day long. The best thing is that it's priced less than $5 for a huge 16 oz (1 whole pound!) of hair gel. That's about ¼ of what I was paying for my old gel. I like it and will continue to use it daily going forward

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  14. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

just got my first clubman aftershave and used it today....i like it. very nice powdery scent...for $7.50 for a 12.5 oz bottle is a bargain to me. i can see using this one a lot.

15. Mr. Shaverman

Be prepared to be covered in ladies when you wear it.

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

He may not frequent bingo halls, nursing homes, or bridge games. :D

ObiDon and Bussemand like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

I meant from them passing out due to the noxious fumes.

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yay, it's back at $4.39 for 16oz on Amazon (free shipping on orders over $35)
    I just got myself a jar :)

Thankfully NBJ doesn't extend to hair-styling products :)

figment714 likes this.
  19. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I like the pinaud clubman products without even trying them hahaha. I just know that I'm gonna love them

20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Today my Mum gave me a bottle of Clubman special reserve aftershave. I really love it, now I want to try some of the others:)

Omelmad and Mr. Shaverman like this.