The razor that came in from the cold

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Latherette, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

Hi all,

My Bulgarian mother-in-law was so kind to let me have two items from her ancestors: A straight razor and a Safety Razor.

The kind people at the straight forum has already provided me information on the straight. But I have a really good challenge for you guys at the safety razor forum:

What do you know about this razor? It has absolutely nothing to identify it by - no stamps anywhere.

Can you help me?

[​IMG]

PS: My guess is that it was manufactured somewhere between the 40's and 50's - but feel free to correct me :)

Adonis likes this.
  2. Dusan

Dusan Active Member

No info from me, but it would be nice if you could provide more pics, from side, blade gap, taken apart, etc..

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Congrats. Looks to be in fairly decent shape.

4. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

Cleaned it up and shaved with it this morning. Very nice shave - aggressiveness seems much like the de89. Blade alignment is a bit hard as there is a fair bit of play when assembling the razor.

I have included a couple of pictures of the disassembled razor.

PS: there is a hole through the handle right at the balance-point. Any idea what it might be for?

PPS: I know it can get cleaner, but I don't have my ultrasonic cleaner with me :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I once had a vintage German travel razor that had a similar head but the handle was different.
    Anyway it looks great congratulations.

6. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

German sounds like a good bet - I will try to follow that trace.

BR
    Thomas