SoS: August 18, 2014 - August 24, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 17, 2014.

1. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

:Animatedfrozensmily::bounce015:

Llyr, vwp528, Slow Joe and 2 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140819.jpg
    [​IMG]

Dove Men's Face Wash
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
    Frank Shaving Finest Badger
    Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic (5)
    NOS Gillette Platinum Plus
    CWR
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered very easily with my Frank Shaving Finest Badger brush. Two passes with my Schick Eversharp I2 Hydro-Magic and a NOS Gillette Platinum Plus Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. This was the fifth shave with this great blade. So far, all great shaves. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Im glad you liked the MMOC.

Llyr, vwp528, Slow Joe and 2 others like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I don't see myself not liking anything you sent. Everything was quality gear =) got a great and different shave

Llyr, vwp528, Ryan B and 6 others like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

TUEzDAY
    Evening Shave for Tomorrow

After a one-day venture back into the world of DE razors & the unforgiving R41, tonight I grabbed the not-so-subtle J. Rodgers & sons.
    Now that I've grown comfortable with the unique shape of this blade and the weight, I really enjoy the shave it gives. There's no 'singing' of a flexing full-hollow, nor the dainty scything of whiskers of a lighter razor—there's simply the relentless mowing down of everything in its path with little resistance.
    Ah…the power!
    :signs136:

Overall an exceptional shave with this razor, used in conjunction with the fine Valobra soap! :happy088:

Have a blessed Tuesday, everyone!

[​IMG]

6. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

No history lesson tonight. I know nothing about single edge. Here's to the virgin run![​IMG]

7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Evening Shave

Razor: Merkur 23c
    Blade: Personna Lab
    Brush: Omega 10049
    Pre: Hot water
    Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
    After: Stetson Cooling Moisture (giddyup)

8. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Erusta 96 Boheler Stahl full hollow 13/16
    Kanayama cordovan #8000
    Simpsons P8
    L'Occitane cade
    Alum & Witch Hazel
    L'Occitane Baux balm
    Kiehl's Original musk No1 blend Edt.

[​IMG]

9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

SOTD for Tuesday 19Aug04 .
    This Shave will be another Cold Water Shave

[​IMG]
    Left to Right; Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Brush; VDH Luxury Mug Set Loaded VDH Luxury Soap ; Weber 3pc. 85mm W/ Classic Handle ; Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil; Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container ; Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

• Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Bar Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Wet Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

• Deodorant's :
    Mennen Speed Stick

• Razor & Razor Blades:
    Weber 3pc. 85mm W/Classic Handle
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades {2}

• Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    VDH Luxury Mug Set
    VDH Luxury Shave Soap
    Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle

• After Shave Balm's:
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
    Nivea After Shave Balm

• After Shave:
    Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

Being as "She Who Must be Obeyed" has an appointment on Tuesday Morning, for physical therapy. I have showered and then shaved tonight before I get ready to go to bed tonight. I again will use the WTG-XTG-ATG method. Being as it has worked well and produces a great DFS Shave. I did get a BBS Shave last night [For Monday Morning] Also I did get a BBS Shave again as before I did not have any "Nick's or Weeper's" using this method. As I did another "Ice Cold Water Shave" it was another superb shave, with BBS results. I used to hate to shave with "Cold Water" but using "Cold Water" is almost like learning a new superlative way to produce Superb results. I will continue using my Wilkinson Sword DE Blades. I did not need to put in a New Razor Blade last night. I use my Weber 3pc. 85mm W/Classic Handle I did 2 passes this evening. I Got a "Rudy Castiel Clean Used Car" aka "Rudy Castiel Clean Shave" aka BBS Shave! Tonight I again felt a little Razor Burn on my lower neck area, so I did use some RazoRock Alum Block. Tomorrow in the morning I will also put on some more Nivea Aftershave Balm, before the Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S splash. In the morning I might use "Captain's Choice North" A/S "She Who Must be Obeyed" enjoys the scent of it. I think I will let "She Who Must be Obeyed" decide which A/S.

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Troy
    I can see that now. What you need to do is when you are helping him pack put it in with his shaving gear and not say a word. I bet that would become his most cherished item. He has.

Llyr, vwp528, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday:

Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 2
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

Once again, I froze my face off and I enjoyed myself in the process. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap is such a pleasure to lather up with and its menthol power hits you right away. This soap is also the only lemony-scented one which gives me good skincare, whereas others dry my face. The Anherb conditioner and the Rubby Dubby Doo are simply fantastic - they're both two great face-freezers. Another effortless and wonderful BBS shave. ;) :D

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Smooth MWF shave
    I went with MWF today, just because I haven't used it in a long time. The Lather Monster whipped it up nearly instantly, and my New LC mowed 'em down smoothly. I finished with Gondolier cologne for a bit of classic scent. It's an excellent combination - my skin feels great and fresh smelling.
    The post shave feel with MWF is very good, but I think B&M equals or even surpasses it.

Prep: RR/HTGAM lime menthol
    Soap: MWF
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: Gillette New LC
    Blade: Personna lab blue (2)
    AS: Synergy Gondolier
    [​IMG]

13. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Tyr's Day:

Prep: Hot Compress, Healthy Accents Daily Renewal facial cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Grapefruit Mint
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (1, 2)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Pinaud Clubman AS splash
    Cologne: Burberry Brit by Burberry

My shave den has a particular issue which I don't think I've brought up before: the light over the mirror is offset, so rather than providing equal illumination to both sides of my face, my left side is more brightly lit than the left. The fact that I have scar tissue in the shaving area on the right side of my neck (and that my right eye is the one that needs a prescriptive lens) can make this little peccadillo tricky. . . as was the case today. Luckily, all of my tools are good, and I got good lather from the grapefruit mint. An otherwise thoroughly pleasant two-pass DFS was slightly marred by having caught a spot in the aforementioned area on my throat, producing significant irritation. Combining the grapefruit mint with Pinaud Clubman produces an interesting 'spicy citrus' scent.

ObiDon, Tdmsu, figment714 and 22 others like this.
  14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Prep - Gillette pre shave face wash
    Lather - Trumpers Eucris
    Brush - Semogue
    Razor - Pils De
    Blade - Giletter Silver Blue (1)
    Aftershave - Clubmans Special Reserve

Still can't get a brilliant lather with this soap, but it is so slick i had a great shave anyway. It is so slick it took me about 3 minutes of washing the soap of my face at the end of the shave before my skin felt normal and not slippery again.

Does the lather need to be great when the soap is so slick?

Stil a lovely shave today.

Tdmsu, figment714, crackstar and 21 others like this.
  15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

8/19/14

Prep: warm wash with Stirling Naked & Smooth bath soap
    Lather: SCS blend (sample)
    Brush: Vie-Long Lord Randal mixed
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Persona Super (4)

Another cold water shave and I'm just not completely convinced as some of the zealots are. It was a decent enough shave, but it didn't seem as smooth and slick. I need to experiment with making lather with cold, cool, tepid and warm and see what I think.

Tdmsu, figment714, crackstar and 19 others like this.
  16. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014

[​IMG]

Wade & Butcher, The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor
    • Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
    • Soap: De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
    • Brush: Omega Brush Badger 63167
    • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
    • Razor: Wade & Butcher, The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor, 11/16 Quarter Hollow, Round Point
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra virgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: Aqua Velva Loción After Shave

Tdmsu, figment714, crackstar and 21 others like this.
  17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    pur-tech synthetic
    Anthony logistics for men
    FaTip Grande
    croma diamonte(2)
    witch hazel with tea tree oil added
    aqua velva ice blue
    frosty shave on a blistering hot day. the Anthony is pretty cold. the fatip is pretty close, with three passes. this razor demands concentration. I got a realy nice shave. finished with a splash of whtto, then ice blue.
    hot one today, y'all stay cool. 20140819_073436.jpg

Tdmsu, figment714, crackstar and 20 others like this.
  18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

For me it sounds like a good lather. It it stays for a whole pass then you have made a good lather =)

crackstar, Llyr, vwp528 and 2 others like this.
  19. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Prep: Warm shower
    Razor: EJ DE89 w/ Weber Classic Handle
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
    Lather: Arko Ice Mint
    Brush: Parker handle w/ TGN Synthetic Knot
    Aftershave: Old Spice

Excellent shave.

Have a great day!

Tdmsu, figment714, crackstar and 20 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    David, do you have a macro setting on your camera? I don't know if it is too close or just camera giggle. If neither of those, you might back off a bit and then crop the picture to get a better focus. I've been looking at the FaTip. I hear it is pretty aggressive.