SoS: September 1, 2014 - September 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod140902.jpg
    [​IMG]

Dove Men's Face Wash
    TABAC Shaving Soap
    VDH Natural Boar
    Gillette 20s Old Type
    Wilkinson Sword Stainless
    CWR
    Thayers Cucumber WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

The TABAC face-lathered very easily with my customized VDH Natural Badger brush. Two passes with my Gillette 20s Old Type and Wilkinson Sword Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

20140703_233840 (800x600).jpg
    Rooney Heritage Stubby 3
    Classic Shaving Bay Rum cream
    vintage Schick Plus Platinum blade
    My father's vintage Schick Krona razor
    Floid Blue AS

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

4. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Happy Birthday! :bounce017:

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Evening Shave...

Pre: Hot water
    Razor: Merkur 23C
    Blade: Perma Sharp
    Brush: VDH Boar
    Cream: TOBS St. James
    After: Pinaud Clubman

A good shave with a blade I've only tried once before. I caught a nick on the chin, but that was admittedly my fault. I was flying to close to the sun by repeating a dry spot 3 times when I lost all slickness and got bit. Otherwise a DFS for sure

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey man...when were you in Seattle?....and sounds like you had a great weekend...congrats...you deserve it!

PatrickA51, Stroker, ram57 and 4 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Labor Day Shave
    Hot Shower with whisker rinse
    At sink a follow up 2 min whisker rinse
    A good lather with Williams Mug Soap and left it while I brushed my teeth...Then rinsed it off with steamy hot water.
    Then Re-lathered with Williams Mug Soap/Omega 10029 Baby Pro
    1955 Eversharp Schick Hydro-magic
    EMS/Personna D2
    Witch hazel/Vaseline Intensive Rescue lotion
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue/Pinaud Clubman/Aqua Velva Musk

Sounds like an aftershave over load, but it wasn't...The AV Ice Blue was for the freeze...the Clubman for the smooth feel it leaves and the AV Musk for the scent...my wife digs.....an hour later all I can smell is a little musk and Clubman if I bury my nose on my arm...};^-)

8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

SOTD Monday night for Tuesday 02Sep14
    This will be another Cold Water Shave

Sotd Set Up.jpg

Left to Right; Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Brush; VDH Luxury Mug Set Loaded VDH Luxury Soap ; Above the Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle;
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil; Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container ; Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Shower & Pre-Shave:
    Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Bar Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

Deodorant's :
    Mennen Speed Stick

Razor & Razor Blades:
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades {3}
    ATT Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle

Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    VDH Luxury Mug Set
    VDH Luxury Shave Soap
    Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle

After Shave Balm's:
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
    Nivea After Shave Balm

After Shave:
    Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

Being as "She Who Must be Obeyed" has another appointment on Tuesday Morning, for physical therapy. I have already showered and shaved tonight before I get ready to go to bed tonight. I decided to try my Above the Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle tonight, I again used the WTG-XTG-ATG method. Being as it has worked well and produces a great DFS Shave. I did get another BBS Shave tonight. Also I did get a BBS Shave again and I did not have any "Nick's or Weeper's" using this method. Also I did another "Ice Cold Water Shave" it was another superb shave, with BBS results. I used to hate to shave with "Cold Water" but using "Cold Water" is almost like learning a new superlative way to produce Superb results. I will continue using my Wilkinson Sword DE Blades. I did put in a New Razor Blade tonight. I decided to make another pass with my Above The Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle I did 3 passes total this evening. I did get a "Rudy Castiel Clean Used Car" aka "Rudy Castiel Clean Shave" aka BBS Shave! Tonight I again felt a little Razor Burn on my lower neck area, so I did use some RazoRock Alum Block. Tomorrow in the morning I will also put on some more Nivea Aftershave Balm, before the Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S splash. In the morning I might use "Captain's Choice Lime" A/S. Being as "She Who Must be Obeyed" enjoys the scent of it. I think I will let "She Who Must be Obeyed" decide which A/S.
    Maybe I should try the Thirty day rule.
    Sorry I have not posted lately but have sort of been in a Funk Mood here the past couple of weeks since my Aunt Died. I now have no living relatives on my Mothers side of the family. I have 4 cousins and their family's but the only time I ever heard from them was when they wanted something, on my Father's side they are even worse. They are even worse, they would just as soon cheat you out of your last dime as talk to you.
    So here's to my Aunt Edna, As Frank Sinatra would say 3 fingers of Wild Turkey 101 over 4 ice cubes, and a splash of water. That's the nectar of the gods baby. Only he said of Jack, meaning Jack Daniels. So what so I miss quoted him.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 2
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

This week is going to be quite hot here in Montreal so I'll be needing all the menthol cooling I could get and this selection was perfect. The Frost_byte soap is such an easy latherer and its menthol power hits you right away. The skincare is pretty good also, and the scent has really grown on me. The 444 balm gave me its own icy blast and the Rubby Dubby Doo turned my face into a sheet of ice. What a great shave this was! ;) :D

10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tabacstag!
    Terrific shave today... Smooth and easy with no weepers or irritation. Tabac always works great, the New LC was smooth, and I topped it off with B&M Kyovu bay rum AS. Excellent face feel and scent. Have a great
    Day!

Prep: RR/HTGAM lime menthol
    Soap: Tabac!
    Brush: HIS
    Razor: Gillette New LC
    Blade: Personna lab blue (1)
    AS: B&M Kyovu Bay Rum
    [​IMG]

11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

9/2/14
    Prep: shower and face wash
    Lather: IanS hobbyist
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061M
    Razor: Gillette New LC
    Blade: Sharp Durablade Stainless (2)

12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    Kent silvertex
    Proraso blue
    Gillette slim(I1)(7)
    Gillette 7o clock green(1)
    nivea a/s balm
    today's shave is ok. I may have gotten a bit nonchalant with the old from yesterday. today I went easy with my easiest performers. I got a decent shave, comfy, no more needed. finished with nivea balm.
    y'all have an easy day. 20140902_071255.jpg

13. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    September 2, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Axe Boost Energizing Face Wash
    Razor: Schick Injector I1
    Blade: Schick
    Lather: Klar Kabinett SS
    Brush: Omega 10066
    After 3 great shaves with the ikon DLC Standard I went back to my I1. Excellent results!
    Go out and get it!
    image.jpg

PatrickA51, Troy M, Norseman and 25 others like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Patrick, just know we are all here for you. Kerry

16. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Prep: Warm shower, Cetaphil Lotion
    Razor: Schick Injector G8
    Blade: Personna (4)
    Lather: Proraso Red Cream
    Brush: Oscar11 w/ Omega 20248 Knot
    Aftershave: British Sterling

Same setup as yesterday with similar results. I have the slightest bit of tenderness, but that is my fault. I was trying a little too hard this morning.

Have a great day!

Troy M, Norseman, crackstar and 22 others like this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Tuesday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Cocoa Butter Bath Soap
    Soap: La Toja Cream
    Razor: Gillette Slim [6]
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
    Brush: oscar11 TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

La Toja Cream-a favorite. I loaded a new Platinum Lux in the Slim and went to town. I finished with Fine Platinum. Great start to my work week……

Bob

[​IMG]

Troy M, Norseman, crackstar and 21 others like this.
  18. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD September 2

Prep: hot shower, cold water shave
    Razor: Slim Twist
    Blade: Treet Black (day 3)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Col. Conk Lime
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

No shave yesterday so two days of growth to deal with...

I don't use the Col Conk soap much, I find it too drying and lacking in the scent department. It is still a good soap though, and I was really hopeful when used with cold water would provide a nice, cool, refreshing lather. U should probably stop setting such lofty goals so early in the morning. The lather was nice, but not as cool as I would have liked. The cold water didn't help with the scent either...

Still a good lather! Combined with the Slim Twist and Treet Black, I got a two pass DFS. Still not enjoying this pairing so I retired the Treet Black.

Finished with Arko Ice Mint. I need to get some more of this stuff.

19. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Maggard Razors PSO – Lime
    Brush: Custom Boar by Steve Brown Swirl Handle
    Soap: Col. Conks Famous Glycerin Shave Soap – Bay Rum
    Razor: 32 -40 Gillette New Long Comb Bar Handle
    Blade: Shark SS(2)
    Splash: Thayers Natural Remedies Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Astringent
    Post: Brut Original Fragrance Moisturizing ASB & Master Well Bay Rum AS

New soap today! And new mug! I was excited to get started on the shave this morning. It’s going to be a long but I’m sure interesting day as I’ll be at a local college’s freshman day from 10-6 manning a booth. Fun right?...

That Shave Life!

20. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Tuesday
    warm shower
    M&F Chief
    Proraso PPC :love055::love055: :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    TSD 2X Iced Mojito Wheat Cream :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Pils 101NE/Feather (2)
    cold water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    cold water rinse
    Tend Skin
    TSD 2X Iced Lime WH :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    The Penguin :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime edt

Great 2 pass face,1 pass dome,for BBS all around!!!

Stay frosty,my friends! :cool:

Adonis, PatrickA51, Troy M and 21 others like this.