SoS: September 1, 2014 - September 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

image.jpg
    Wednesday Evening
    Prep: 2 min Hot whisker rinse
    Lather: Williams Mug Soap
    Brush: Omega 10029
    Razor: GEM Feather Weight-thanks @feeltheburn
    Blade: GEM Blue Star d3
    Post Shave: Ice Blue Aqua Velva/ Pinaud Clubman
    Fedora: Borsalino

I know we all think of this classic GEM F-W as being a pussy cat and she is BUT!......She gives one fine shave...

2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Gotta love the FB:eatdrink047:

vwp528, Llyr, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

SOTD for Thursday 4Sep14

Sotd Set Up.jpg
    Left to Right; Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Brush; VDH Luxury Mug Set Loaded VDH Luxury Soap ; Above the Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle;
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil; Wilkinson Sword DE Blades Black Container ; Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Shower & Pre-Shave:

Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
    Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
    Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Bar Soap
    Pacific Shaving Co. All Natural Shaving Oil
    Face Towel Soaked in "Ice Cold Water"

Deodorant's :
    Mennen Speed Stick

Razor & Razor Blades:
    Wilkinson Sword DE Blades {3}
    ATT Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle

Shaving Mug & Shaving Soap & Brush:
    VDH Luxury Mug Set
    VDH Luxury Shave Soap
    Whipped Dog 30/65mm Silver Tip Badger Black&White Marbled Resin Handle

After Shave Balm's:
    RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave
    Nivea After Shave Balm

After Shave:
    Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

Being as "She Who Must be Obeyed" and I both have doctors appointments, on Thursday Morning, SWMbO for Physical Therapy, and I have an appoint with my Endocrinologist, I have already showered and shaved tonight before I get ready to go to bed tonight. I decided to use my Above the Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle again tonight,(part of the 30 Day Rule). I again used the WTG-XTG-ATG method. Being as it has worked well and produces a great DFS Shave. I did get another very good BBS Shave tonight. Also I did not have any "Nick's or Weeper's" using this method. Also I did another "Ice Cold Water Shave" it was another superb shave, with BBS results. I have been using "Cold Water" it is almost like learning a new superlative way to produce Superb BBS results. I will continue using my Wilkinson Sword DE Blades. I did not put in a New Razor Blade tonight. I decided to make another pass with my Above The Tie Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle I only needed 2 passes total this evening.
    I did get a "Rudy Castiel Clean Used Car" aka "Rudy Castiel Clean Shave" aka BBS Shave! Tonight I didn't feel any Razor Burn on my lower neck area at all, but I did use some RazoRock Alum Block. Tomorrow in the morning I will put on some more Nivea Aftershave Balm, ( it makes my face feel cool) before the Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S splash. In the morning I might use "Captain's Choice North" A/S. Again because that's the one SWMbO picked. (if you let SWMbO pick out the A/S, it produces less arguments) Being as "She Who Must be Obeyed" enjoys the scent of it. I think I will let "She Who Must be Obeyed" decide which A/S. This morning SWMbO choose Captain's Choice North A/S. Being as I preach for people to use the thirty day , maybe I should try the Thirty day Rule with my Above The Tie R-1 Razor. I got a BBS Shave to night , no "Nicks or Weepers" for sure and no Razor Burn of any kind. Hope you all have a great day tommorow.

ObiDon, figment714, vwp528 and 21 others like this.
  4. PatrickA51

Thank You Kerry and to all the rest you here a The Shave Den.

I was close to my Aunt Edna, and to my Aunt Clem. They both died almost a year to the day apart. In 5 day my Aunt Clem would have been 100yrs old. Can you just see the wealth of information that has been lost, In the last year I had not seen my Aunt Edna until the Thursday before she passed away. Isn't it ironic that with in 5 days of their passing away they both went into coma's they are together again with their family. I can see it now, instead of a big reunion, they are or engaged in a big argument, because they took their time getting back together with the family. Oh if you are wondering "What's in my glass tonight ? I am having a big glass of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade and plain Lemonade mixed together. " No Booze" I bet my "Uncle Bob" and "Uncle Harry" are both looking down right now and "Great Cesar's Ghost" what is the world come to, he's on the wagon! They both enjoyed a drink daily, or I should say a "Pint Daily" "Uncle Bob" was Kessler's Whiskey, "Uncle Harry Jim Beam" :eatdrink047:
    Thanks to all of you folks here at The Shave den.

ObiDon, fram773, vwp528 and 10 others like this.
  5. PatrickA51

Hey I don't know wether like you or hate you? You said how good it was so good to "Shave with Cold Water " I do that almost every time I shave now.

vwp528, RaZorBurn123, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  6. PatrickA51

Jim
    I really like your blog, I do read most times you post to it.
    "Semper Fi"
    Ooh Rah.

7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I wasn't able to get on yesterday.

Prep: Stirling Lemon Chill Bath Soap
    Razor: Gillette Sheraton
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: Gary's Finest Badger
    Lather: Stirling Lemon Chill
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum

I couldn't get wifi for some reason yesterday, so this shave is now old. I didn't take a picture. Leif was napping and I had to rush while I could to shower and shave. It was a great 3 pass shave. A few nicks, but it was my fault. Have a great day folks!

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

vwp528, Norseman, PatrickA51 and 2 others like this.
  9. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Gillette New LC
    Supermax Super Stainless (d1)
    Speick Stick
    Vulfix 2235
    Kramperts Frostbite

Been using up some old stock lately, to make room for some new stuff. Today was my first time with the Speick Stick. Very nice.

10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Thor's Day:
    Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac Preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 OC
    Blade: Baili Super Blue Blade (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (4, 5, 6)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Captain's Choice Cat o' Nine Tails AS splash
    Cologne: Gigember Estragone by Dr. Vranjes

Back to back 3-pass shaves? What madness is this? Well, I had relatively more time this AM than I anticipated, I wanted to work a bit more with the Stirling bay rum (less cushion than the Ginger's Garden soaps, but at least as much slickness and glide and perhaps a tad more moisturizing properties), and I generally dislike the mid-afternoon stubble that I often accept as a consequence of not wanting irritation. As was the case yesterday, no irritation in 3-passes, and a BBS; I didn't even catch a weeper today.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday:

Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 4
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Gel :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Pour Homme EdT

Man oh man, is my face ever frozen after using this set-up which gave me another great shave. The Glacial Wintergreen soap's menthol power is simply off the charts - it hits you as soon as you start lathering up, and the scent fills the bathroom. This soap may be a bit thirstier than most other artisan soaps but it gives awesome lather and the skincare is brilliant. The Anherb gel smells nice, it's really cooling and soothing and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel makes the Penguin or the Rubby Dubby Doo feel almost warm. ;) :D

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Great shave
    Everything worked great.

Prep: RR/HTGAM lime menthol
    Soap: Synergy Coconut Bay Rum
    Brush: HIS
    Razor: iKon SC101
    Blade: Personna lab blue (1)
    AS: Krampert's Finest Acadian Bay Rum
    [​IMG]

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    whipped dog silvertip
    cella
    Gillette fatboy(d4)(7)
    Gillette 7oClock(3)
    witch hazel+tea tree oil
    old spice
    today's shave was nice. partially inspired by obidon. the fatboy did great, the 7oClock showed signs of fatigue. none the less I'm very smooth. finished with old spice, very reminiscent of my dad. he wore it for years. he now likes nivea.
    y'all remember your dads today 20140904_073403-1.jpg

ChiefShaver, ObiDon, Tdmsu and 21 others like this.
  14. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Prep: Warm shower, Cetaphil Lotion
    Razor: Schick Injector G8
    Blade: Personna (5)
    Lather: Cella
    Brush: Oscar11 w/ Omega 20248 Knot
    Aftershave: Old Spice

I had the day off from work yesterday, so I didn't shave. Knowing that my blade would be making its fifth shave, I was a little apprehensive going into two days of growth. However, I needn't have been. I had one of the best, easiest, smoothest shaves ever. You know how you sometimes dream of having the perfect shave? Well today my shave was the star of your dreams. It could not have been any better. I hope the rest of the day goes this well!

Have a great day!

15. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

SOTD September 3
    Prep: hot shower
    Razor: Slim Twist
    Blade: Treet Platinum (day 2)
    Brush: Vie-Long
    Soap: Col. Conk Lime
    Passes: 2 (WTG, XTG)

Back to a hot water lather today. Started out with too much water so I loaded more soap... Lather for days.

S much as I enjoy a cool feeling lather, it did seem to cause some problems, I'm pleased to say today there was not tugging or nicks. Very minor irritation in the odd spot, but it didn't last long.

The Arko Ice Mint is not as notice today,which is a little disappointing, I should have gone with the 444...

All said and done, I'm starting the day with a two pass DFS.

Sotd sept 4.jpg

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Patrick-Best of luck on all fronts today for you two!

Thursday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Cocoa Butter Bath Soap
    Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap-Woody Lavender
    Razor: Gillette Slim [6]
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
    Brush: Plisson #12 Grey Badger-22mmx56mm
    Aftershave: Grey Flannel

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

LASS Woody Lavender-top tier soap. Quick, thick lather after loading for 20 seconds. Platinum Lux in the Slim. Great smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Grey Flannel.

Bob

[​IMG]

17. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Thursday:
    hot shower w/Grandpa's Patchouli bar soap
    Homemade PSO
    Gillette Fat Handle Tech 2 passes
    Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
    VDH Deluxe boar
    GoldDachs Classic soap in a warm mug
    Thayers unscented w/aloe
    Canoe AS

Another predictable shave with the Fat Handle. Never a BBS but always smooth and safe. It was only in the rotation for yesterday's shave but for some reason I felt compelled to use it again today.
    Predictably perfect lather with the GoldDachs.
    Have a great day, fellow shavers!

0904140557.jpg

ChiefShaver, ObiDon, TSimons and 24 others like this.
  18. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Maggard Razors PSO – Lime
    Brush: Shea Synthetic Moisturizer
    Soap: Maggard Razors – Lime & Bergamot
    Razor: ’66 Gillette Slim Adjustable
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Splash: Thayers Natural Remedies Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Astringent
    Post: Pacific Shaving Moisturizer & Master Well Bay Rum AS

Good morning! Forgive the hokey pirate reference but it’s really that kind of morning LOL..

Sail on to That Shave Life!:sad029:

ChiefShaver, ObiDon, TSimons and 24 others like this.
  19. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Creamy goodness! GEM push button with a custom zenshave brush and our own Citrus of Paradise shave cream this morning.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    ChiefShaver, ObiDon, TSimons and 26 others like this.
  20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

THURzDAY
    This morning, I opted to use a DE razor— the newer and milder version of the Mühle R41, and paired it with both a Personna Lab and custom handle from TSD member, AKASL.
    A great combination! Old Timey, yet manly scents, from the the XXX and Neumann balm. Three passes and I was finished in about half the time of a straight razor shave. Near-BBS smooth, too.
    I need to plan on a good DE shave at least once a week.

Have a blessed Thursday, all!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    ChiefShaver, ObiDon, TSimons and 23 others like this.