SoS: September 8, 2014 - September 14, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Sep 7, 2014.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

how's come you don't include the software?
    I get inspired when I see what y'all use.

crackstar, Boojum1 and ram57 like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :signs011::signs046: @JPJ

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Mutt makes an appearance to do battle with the Dragon's Blood on 14 September 2014!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    fram773, ObiDon, figment714 and 19 others like this.
  4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Friends,

here is my Sunday shave:

Prep: hot shower || Soap: Calani Gentleman || Brush: HJM Black Fibre || Razor: Apollo Slant (NOS) || Blade: Personna Lab Blue || Aftershave: La Toja Aftershave Locion

[​IMG]

My skin was a bit irritatet because of the stress i had on work this week. Even the Calani burned a bit on my skin. Nevertheless it was a good shave. The Apollo Slant is a fantastic razor. It´s very thoroughly and incredibly gentle. I´m glad i bought this beauty. Works very good with the Personna Lab Blue. This was the first time using the La Toja Aftershave Locion. The Locion cools a bit and seems to have a good skin care. Let´s see if i like it.

So, i hope you have a great time and great shaves.

Take care of you.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Sundays shave was a Nivea shave.
    Pre shave- hot shower with Nivea face wash
    Lather - Nivea shave cream
    Razor - Pils DE
    Blade - feather
    Aftershave - Nivea Shave balm

The shave cream, a nice gift from Omar smells the same as the original nivea aftershave balm, not the sensitive one. It is a really nice smell and a great lather. The feather blade feels mild in the Pils razor but nevertheless gives a fine, efficient, smooth BBS shave
    A great way to start a Sunday.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

fram773, ObiDon, figment714 and 20 others like this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sunday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: WSP Rustic Shaving Soap-Mahogany
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
    Brush: oscar11 TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Azzaro

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

3rd shave with the new RSS Mahogany. Quick easy lather after loading for 15 seconds. GSB in the Slim. Another excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Azzaro.

Bob

[​IMG]

fram773, figment714, Ryan B and 17 others like this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Rapira day 7
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lubriderm Unscented Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

Our weather really turned chilly since a couple of days but that won't deter me from using strongly-mentholated products - after all, I have a reputation to uphold, right? ;) The Frost_byte soap lathered so fast for me and gave me its famous icy-cold sensation right away with very nice skincare. The scent has really grown on me and I enjoy it a lot now. The Rubby Dubby Doo felt so damn frigid when I slapped it on, and my fingers are still tingling from it. It's time to change my blade, but it still gave me a great shave. ;) :D

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lieber Freund, als immer ist das ein fantastisches Bild. Oh, ich habe zwei Calani Seifen - Cadre Noir und Highland Honey und ich bin mit ihnen sehr zufrieden. :)

ChiefShaver likes this.
  9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    Sunday, September 14, 2012

Planned SOTD
    Prep: Hot shower
    Lather: IanS soaps vintage lavender soap
    Brush: Vie-Long 13061M
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Supermax Platinum (3)

This weekend is the local YMCA Corporate Cup activities, so I am getting ready to put on a hi-tec T-Shirt and go bowling today. I need to look sharp, so I give my face and my scalp a couple of passes. However, its Sunday morning and I don't feel like shaving in the dark, so will wait a few hours.

fram773, crackstar, ObiDon and 20 others like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    September 14, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Axe Boost Energizing Face Wash
    Razor: iKon DLC Standard
    Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
    Lather: B&M Bay Rum
    Brush: Omega 1006
    Aftershave: Clubman VI Bay Rum
    The B&M bay rum is delightful! The DLC Standard is as effective as the R41 (2013) IMO. Let's go 49ers! Home opener in the New Levi Stadium.
    Go out and get it!

fram773, crackstar, ObiDon and 18 others like this.
  11. david of central florida

are you going to the game?

crackstar likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No. The prices are off the charts, I'll wait two more seasons for things to settle down. Levi's is a beautiful Stadium. The fans are complaining about the weather. 82 at kickoff.

13. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Sunday September 14, 2014

[​IMG]

Mastro Livi Damasteel Kamisori

The pleasure of shaving with this Mastro Livi kamisori is always immense. It is also true I like Damasteel very much, not only for the beautiful patterns they make, but also for the deep and efficient shave it can give. As a matter of fact, all of the Mastro Livi straight razors I have made from Damasteel give a very deep shave and maybe this kamisori is the one giving the deepest of them all. I also love the handle: the beautiful bluish patterns and shades of the abalone are absolutely charming and enchanting to see, moreover, being that big, it improves the grip quite a lot. Magnificent shaver, excellent result!​
    • Pre-Shave: Myrsol Emulsión
    • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Blue Tub
    • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger Brush - 26mm knot
    • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
    • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón

14. david of central florida

today's shave
    hot shower and wash with nivea men's
    granddad's old spice mug
    grandad's rubberset w/ custom two band finest
    Stirling sandalwood soap
    grandad's Gillette super speed(b2)
    Gillette Wilkinson sword(2)
    Avon deep woods a/s
    today's shave was nice. very close three pass. thought of pop Dick while I used the shave elements that were his. very nice. finished with Avon deep woods. now I'm the grandpa, and smell like one too.
    church today, y'all come with me. 20140914_090637-1.jpg

15. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Sunday 09/14/14

Prep: Gaia face scrub
    Oil: Shave Secret
    Brush: 20mm Whipped dog set deep
    Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery
    Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
    Blade: Ladas
    soap: My French Soap Mix
    Witch Hazel: Generic unscented
    AS: Sampson's all natural

I used a new LADAS blade today and found another great shave. I like them a lot. Well, off to brunch with my Mom. 87 and still willing to ride on the back of the bike.

16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Superb Sunday Shave
    I used my B&M Bay Rum sample today, and it really is an amazing performer. I bloomed the scent with hot water, and bowl lathered with my HIS. Smooth and easy shave, finished with B&M Kyovu bay rum, amazingly mild and kind to my skin.
    [​IMG]

17. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Sunday morning, September 14, 2014

Schick E2 Injector with Schick blade,
    Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
    Arko shaving soap with hot water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a CCS!

18. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: Custom Boar by Steve Brown Swirl Handle
    Soap: Tabac
    Razor: Schick Injector – L Series
    Blade: Schick Injector Blade
    Splash: Humphreys Alcohol Free Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel Facial Toner

This morning was a momentous occasion! Drum roll please……this morning I used the famous (or infamous depending on your point of view) Tabac!

Get the scoop at That Shave Life!:happy036:

19. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

SOTD September 14, 2014

Prep: Hot shower. Neutrogena Face Wash. Noxzema.

Brush: Van Der Hagen badger.

Lather: Homebrewed White Citrus Soap. Cold water shave!

Razor: 1967 M2 Birth Quarter Gillette Slim Adjustable, set to 4.

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

Post: Cold water; Razorock Alum Block; C.O. Bigelow Dr. Galen Herbal Witch Hazel Skin Tonic No. 010.

After: TSD Honeysuckle and Cedarwood aftershave splash, and just a little Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410708164.968680.jpg

Amazing cold-water head shave with the Birth Quarter Slim. Definitely my favorite hardware now. I thought it was a good razor before I shaved. Now I know I underestimated it! It was a great shave. Might turn it up to 5 next time.

My thought for the day is that I should go back to my first posts here and change "BBS" to "DFS" in most cases, except where I used the 1957 Flare Tip or this 1967 Slim. Because so far, they are the best shaves by far. The Krona was good and very mild, but the Flare Tip and the Slim are miles ahead of anything else I have tried so far. What a dramatic difference from the MTO and Weishi I started with a few weeks ago. I almost hate to even mention those two in the same post.

I had never attempted an intentional cold-water shave before. Sure, I've had them when we were at the cabin we used to own, and once or twice when the girls in the house used all the hot water before I had a chance to shower. It was different. A good different, though. Less irritation after (although I worried for a moment that goosebumps on my neck might make it worse) and it still feels, 20 minutes after, like I used a menthol aftershave, which I didn't. So I may be a convert... Or at least use it as one more variable in my repertoire.

Off to face the day!

---

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410708180.801228.jpg

20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Razor: Standard Black
    Blade: Personna Med Prep (D11)
    Brush: Plisson Synthetic
    Bowl: Dirty Bird Travel Scuttle
    Pre Shave Soap: MRGLO Lime
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
    Shave Soap: XPEC
    Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum W lime & peppercorn

Beautiful morning here in Lake Oswego OR and expected to reach 93 today. Sister in Law is flying out Toronto for a conference so Brother in Law and I will be planted in front of the tube watching football all day or watching football while floating in his pool. He finally got wise and took the 3rd TV from their 2nd guest room and installed the TV on the back patio so he could watch his sports while BBQ or relaxing in his pool.

I had planned on using the same shave setup as yesterday but he asked if I had tried XPEC shave cream and offered up a sample, how could I resist. To date MdC is the best that I have tried but XPEC was better. Easier to lather, creamier, pre/post have outstanding. He has both scented and unscented and I'm going to try and talk him out of selling me at least one of these soaps since I got him started in wet shaving two years ago by giving him the gear to get started and back in May he helped himself to half of my custom blends of Bay Rum w Lime and Frosted Woodlands from Tiki Soaps. A little friendly pressure so to speak.