What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Happy waiting...

Shotwell and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Right now just some lanolin Iced Subzero from the Shop (can't wait for that freeze I've been hearing so much about). That, and for my whiskers to grow so that I can try out my new-to-me H3 Gillette Slim.
    :shaver

Shotwell and Omelmad like this.
  3. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Also now waiting on this. May have to slow it down some... Wife is going to kill me if I order anything else.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412857232.380362.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412857244.694394.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412857254.081480.jpg

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123 and Radiotube like this.
  4. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I'm waiting on the following...

Item
    TSD *Fall Limited Run* Shaving Soaps (Pumpkin w/Lanolin)
    Free Plastic Blade Boxes
    TSD Aftershave Milk Sample
    Aftershave Samples - 1 oz (Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve)
    Voskhod Double Edge Razor Blades

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123 and Shotwell like this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

7. Shotwell

I try to use each of them at least a couple of times. I may be thinning the herd a bit, though... Since I've got a couple of multiples and a few I have found that I don't care for. For example, I've got two Slims, two Fatboys, 4 Kronas, and a couple of fat handle techs with triangular slots. Plus will soon have two Aristocrats and three Grafco/Merkur OC's. And I've got a red tip that I feel is a little too aggressive for me and a handful of both injectors and OCMMs that I'll be looking to unload at some point. (Either via eBay, or preferably to some of my compatriots here once I get past my 90-day B/S/T probationary period in late November.)

So yeah, I've used all of them at least twice so far. But I'm narrowing down my list of favorites and "keepers."

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. Omelmad

You got a lot of razors man hahaha

9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

@Shotwell ,a PIF or two might be in order. ;)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Shotwell

Yup, going to do that too... Just waiting for an order from BestShave to arrive so I can include a brush and some soap with my PIF.

BigMark and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

there's a point where razor acquisition is no longer about the razor's desirable qualities and it becomes about simply acquiring.
    Have you already shaved with all the DE razors you've been picking up, or are you flipping them?
    Not pointing fingers as I've been on the same type of buying sprees myself in the past. You reach a point where you no longer know your inventory, and it becomes now a quest to simply buy everything that even resembles a razor…
    I eventually sold all my DEs (nearly 40 at one point), but managed to keep a couple…which I shave with occasionally.

12. Shotwell

Shaved with nearly all of them. The exceptions being a couple of duplicates I've picked up. My intention is to narrow the field down to a few I really like (so far, the new Merkur; the '49 Super Speed; one really ugly '36-45 fat handle tech in "gold" -- now mostly base metals; and maybe an Aristocrat and a Fatboy) and then:

1. PIF a couple of others out of gratitude to the forum members here (a Krona, probably, and definitely one or more SEs and injectors since I've discovered that I don't care for them at all).
    2. PIF a Krona and a 1970 (his birth year) razor plus soap and brush and a/s to one of my best bald friends forever (BBFF?) who is a prepper-type (like the kind who has a bug-out bag in case the apocalypse comes) who still amazingly shaves with cartridges. He isn't a forum-type of guy, and I figure I'll be doing a good deed by teaching him what he's been missing.
    3. Offer up some of the razors I've cleaned up via the B/S/T marketplace here once my 90 days' probation period is up... And
    4. I may flip a couple along the way to help pay for my "habit" but not looking to make a living off that. If I find one on the 'Bay at a low enough price I am not opposed to making a couple of bucks, especially if I can clean it up and leave it better than I found it in the process.

Haven't flipped any yet. Though I did do an informal trade of a flare tip and some Ogallala (which SWMBO did not like) to someone in exchange for a decent brush since I was lacking in that area. :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Omelmad

It's cool to have different choices. Having recently received a few razors it's getting harder to chose a shaver, but my real poison is software, shave soaps and creams

14. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

Just pulled the trigger on a Cade Shaving Brush Plisson for $30. I've heard that's a good deal...

15. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

I have made 4 brushes with the olive wood handle and they all took a 26mn without any problems so 24 -26 gives you quite a few options

ObiDon likes this.
  16. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Thanks for the info! I will measure it when it gets here. It was shipped but may take awhile. I have a WD Silvertip and I'm thinking of getting one of those from Larry. Can't wait to get started on it.

ram57 likes this.
  17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Just another old hunky wedge of W&B English steel….;) (circa 1830-1845)
    [​IMG]

ObiDon and ram57 like this.
  18. ram57

A Thäter Cocobolo 24 mm hybrid fan-bulb in 2-Band
    Custom made EXTRA EXTRA stuffed 3-band Silvertip hybrid shaped 24 mm knot 46 mm loft in a tortoise handle
    Custom made EXTRA stuffed D01 3-band Silvertip flat shaped 24 mm knot with 46 mm loft in Brown-Black
    Edwin Jagger Gold & Black DE 89 razor with octagonal shaped handle.

Thater 24mm Cocobolo.jpg

2f9782a4b0e440963eaef6f26c867eb0.jpg

b266d356d91de453605c9715391bb8e6.jpg

19. ram57

That's going to take some elbow grease!

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Scott Pavkovich wrote me yesterday that he sent out my brush that he did for me.

Now it will take a few weeks till i can shave with it because the shipping to Germany can sometimes take a loooooong time...:(

Slow Joe, ram57 and Omelmad like this.