Help me please !

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Cutthroat_trout, Jan 16, 2008.

1. After being a loyal shaver for many years with triple blade razors, acquired my first DE razor. I nice aggressive cutter known as the Slant Bar. Beautifully designed but a little twisted. Then I pursued a lovely 1949 Gillette SuperSpeed with elegant classy looks and a gentle touch. Now I have two younger superspeeds and I am eyeing a Merkur 38C. Can anyone help me ?

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

With your AD? Nope, but you might want to post a WTB in the classified section.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Help you what? :rolleyes:

4. Is this normal behavior ? What is the average number of razors one should expect to sample ? Life seemed so simple before my affair with the DE.

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have gone through 100+ :cool:

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

First of all, lose the concept of "normal". None of us are! :D We all have our own ADs. Some more than others. Mine are brushes $$$$$$$$$$ and Shave Den soaps $. Don't care much about razors. Though I have 6 or 7, I only use one. 'Course, at $110 or so, maybe that qualifies. I dust off the others from time to time - not to use, just to get the dust off. :)

Either leave now, or just accept the inevitable! :rofl

7. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Depends on who you ask, around here it's considered normal, but it has been known to raise an eyebrow or two in other gatherings.

How deep are your pockets? Some swear by one, some have dozens...

Oh, didn't it just... :p

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Wait till your other AD's kick in

9. You are all making me feel better ! Other AD's ? You mean like my flyrod and pipe collection ? Brushes ? Hmmm, now thats another badger altogether !!!

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Holy Sh** I just did a summary of inventory on what I have. I had no idea. I know the blade count is less and some of the creams and soaps are samples but, OMG! I need help. :rofl

This can't be right. Can't be. :ashamed001 :o

11. Starting to feel like the member of aa who walked into the neighborhood bar looking for support. I do like the looks of the 38C. Elegant with nice lines and curves !

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I think the trout is hooked, guys! :roflWelcome to AA, bud!!

13. So, my infidelity will not stop here ?

14. BTW qhsdoitall,

What is the count ?

15. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

You will shortly be beyond help. Check out my Shaving Supplies, that's what I've collected in one year. And there will be some additions shortly.
    There is no help for AD here. :D

16. Thank you to everyone for your help. I believe I have a grip on the issue. Now I must get back to ebay.

17. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Oh, please stay here.. or you'll probably just bid over me! :p

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I'll give you the razor count. It's over 25. It gets much worse for soaps and creams. :D

19. bg42

bg42 New Member

I started out with one straight razor now I have about 80 ,I dont think you have a problem at all but bugger me I need some help as for Bill he`s lost:D
    kind regards Peter

20. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Pipe collection ???
    Now youve got my attention ;)
    Looking to add to it ?? ................cause Ive got a few extra to spare.
    Welcome to TSD, BTW ::