Do you own a razor you've never used?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not counting your NOS toggle that's still in the shipping wrapper from 1900-long-ago - or something similar to that...do you own any razor that is fully functional...but you haven't actually used it yet?

If so, what razor(s) and what is preventing you from using it tomorrow morning?
    Do it!! :)

Me, I got to thinking about SE razors this evening and remembered I have an MMOC (chrome) that I never used..as I used the exact same one in brass. SO...tomorrow morning SE-shaving it is for me!

Shaver X, macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have a Gem Featherweight I haven't used yet, it's a nice razor, now that you reminded me I'll use it soon.

Sanity Removed and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Funny, I was JUST looking at one on eBay. I think it's at less than a dollar. In the original box. White, plastic handle.
    But then I remembered...I don't need any more razors :)

Boojum1, maltedmilk and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's it. I paid maybe $2. I bought it for no other reason but to buy it. :D

Bird Lives, Herm2502 and Darkbulb like this.
  5. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I have an Old Type that has been sitting in my drawers for months. I shaved with it for half a pass and I haven't used it since. I guess I technically used it.

Boojum1 likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yup, you're in the clear :)

7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't have any razors I haven't tried. Also, message me the link to that Featherweight in box for less than a dollar please. :)

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well I see it jumped up to $12 :(

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  9. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Actually that toggle I picked up a little while ago, was I believe, used by me for the first time. It was stiff from not being used so I actually had to soak it for a hour to get the adjuster to work smoothly. I will not acquire a razor that I will not use. I use them all, but not in any particular order. The toggle does now, however, only come out on special occasions.

Boojum1 likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Lol. Just for that I'm sending you the link anyway :D

12. Mr. Shaverman

It was under $2 4 days ago... WHEN IT WAS LISTED lol.

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It was under $1 for TWO days! That's when I added it to my watch list :)

You are so not getting a Toggle.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  14. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have several Razors......I also have couple of Straight Razors that I have never used.

Boojum1 likes this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I have a bakelite Gillette razor set. the razor seemed so lite, just haven't used it.
    can't think of any others

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I only buy razors that I'm planning on using. That is what they are made for, innit? :)

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have a couple that are collectibles- the Gem Micromatic & the Champagne Gillette Star.

Boojum1 likes this.
  18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've got some SE's I've picked up just to add to the collection that I haven't shaved with. I don't get that good of a shave from an SE so they're mostly to look at.
    I've also got a J B Rhodes and a couple of Auto Strops that would require modifying a blade if I wanted to use them.
    Then there's the Rolls Razors (3 of them) that I suppose I'll get to eventually but I never see anyone else shaving with them so I'm guessing they'll never make the regular rotation.
    On the DE side I've got duplicates that I haven't used, a Stahly Live Blade, a NOS Ball End Tech, and a NOS Travel Tech.

maltedmilk likes this.
  19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

No.

Bristle Me likes this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A few duplicates that I may PIF someday.

PatrickA51 likes this.