Do you own a razor you've never used?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 3, 2014.

1. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I have a straight razor that I've never used, the reason is that I need to send it off to get honed and shave ready.

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have two that I haven't used yet. Both are shaveready, but I just haven't had the feel for a bad shave, which I know I'll get because they both, in their own different ways, are so much more different than my DE's

Star 1912 Standard SE
    Union Cutlery Co. Expert Barber 400 straight razor

Some day... some day :)

Bird Lives likes this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey tuxx, you never know....That Star could be the best and easiest shave ever....My Star 1912 is an extremely Great shaver and required NO learning curve from my DE's....sooooo, what about it?

tuxxdk likes this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I keep telling myself that... that it will be alright and probably easy to shave with. It's loaded with a blade, so I might as well do something about it soon.

[​IMG]

Bird Lives likes this.
  5. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

No.

I've used everything I currently own at least two/three times.

The rule that applies to knives and firearms in my home also applies to razors.
    If you are going to spend money on it, it shall be used.

6. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I have 10 or 11 that I haven't used because I haven't been wet shaving long enough to get to them. I will be trying out my new Slim this week at some point.

Shotwell likes this.
  7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I have 3 Haha! 1 gillette tech(got it as a gift) 1 gillette super speed(also a gift) and one schick injector. I had old blades so I tried in anothe schick razor so I didnt use it. I have new blades now but Im concentrating on technique with DE's.

The other 2 I haven't tried because I got sidetracked with my slim adjustable and my MMOC. But I will use them soon hahaha

Shotwell and Darkbulb like this.
  8. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity New Member

Yep, 2 so far. Bought them as "backups" if I ever need them. Both pre-War, a Goodwill OC and Canadian Tech. Cleaned and ready to use if I ever need them

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

New Cadet OC TTO sits unused in my cabinet.

For December I will try it. I don't wanna confuse my technique at this point.

Bristle Me likes this.
  10. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I have a bunch that I have not used. I am not avoiding their use....It is just that I can only shave so many times per week. And I don't like using a new razor each shave. So I mix it up with an old favorite, then a new guy, old, new, etc. It can take a while to catch up to new acquisitions.

Shotwell likes this.
  11. goodmoodmike

goodmoodmike Member

Gillette fatboy f4 - I have an e2 that's somewhat in rotation instead

Gillette ball end tech - dunno, call me weird but I don't like the etched head, would have rather had an engraved head logo

12. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Ha. YES. Here's what I have that are as-yet unused. It is looking like it will be December 1 before I get to any of these:

* 1906 Model 102 Old Type in silver
    * Rolls Razor Imperial "No. 1"
    * 1930 NEW Oxford
    * 1941 Ranger Tech
    * 1976 W2 Long Handle Black Beauty
    * 1946-1950 fat handle tech in gold with oval slots
    * 1964 Krona with metal TTO knob
    * 2013 RiMei 3-piece
    * 1953 Y4 ball-end tech, and
    * 1946-1947 Aristocrats (3 of them!!)

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. The GEM Feather Weight is a nice razor, deceptive to some as they may think it is cheap. Head is well constructed and the handle has a nice useful design.

Omelmad likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's a nice little razor, one of my favorite SE is the G-Bar. I've got to bring out the FW and take it for a spin soon.

Bird Lives likes this.
  15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

16. Bird Lives

Took mine out for a drive after reading this....The F-W is a highly under rated shaver I believe. While maybe not my all time favorite I do think its great! If I ended up having to use it the rest of my life, I could do alot worse, ha,ha...Really does remind me of my favorite Injectors and thats a very Good thing....};^)

Darkbulb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Ahhh Man, she's a beauty....Her lines are timeless....Whats you waiting for...I bet shes a GREAT shaver....as long as the blade is sharp...what kind of blade does she have under the hood...and is it a fresh blade?

Darkbulb likes this.
  18. I have RAD and never used any of these razors!

H3 Slim MINT
    E3 SS Flare A1 used
    P2 Black Beauty Long MINT (Birth year & quarter)
    Schick Injector Golden 500
    Schick Dial Injector Adjustable

I also have a NDC Tech, subject of another thread. Haven't used it but uncertain yet whether I'm keeping it.

Yaffle

Shotwell likes this.
  19. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Yep I have like 3 GEM razors that I haven't used yet. Probably because the one I DID use tried to flay me alive. LOL

Shotwell, Bird Lives and BigMark like this.
  20. Bird Lives

You can't judge all GEMs by one anymore than you could compare all Gillettes to any one Gillette....
    Soooo, which 3 GEMS is it that you have and have not tried and which GEM tried to fillet your smiling face?

Adonis likes this.