Do you own a razor you've never used?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 3, 2014.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It is a fresh GEM Stainless from Connaught Shaving. That is about the selection we have here in SE blades. Sad as it may be.

Omelmad likes this.
  2. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Wasn't really judging them so much as hiding from them LOL I have a NOS Gem Jr in case that will most likely never get used, a Clof Pruf and 2 Micromatics. The Clog Pruf was the assailant lol

3. Dr John

Dr John Member

I have a Merkur Slant Bar that has been sitting around here for a while.

4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I thought it was the OCMM.

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey man, I love GEM carbons as much as the next guy....But today, inspired by this spread, I dusted off my Star 1912. She could be your razor's twin...ha,ha....And I popped a new GEM Stainless into it and 3 passes later had received one of those "best shaves of my life" type shaves...Not kidding. I think by the time Star started making their 1912 it was like 1933, they had fine tuned the original design to the point of perfection. At least for me...};^)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Nope. I have used every razor I ever owned. If I owned a NOS toggle, I would either use it or get rid of it. It makes absolutely no sense to have something sitting around unused, wasting space and creating clutter. On the other hand, if something is going to be sitting around, it makes sense to use it and enjoy it. That applies to razors and anything else.

I agree with your sentiments completely. We often focus on having lots of stuff rather than enjoying life. Materialism generally only brings satisfaction up to a certain point, after which it becomes burdensome. Even then, the satisfaction is often temporary at best. It is better to have a small number of frequently used, really great razors that are often used than tons o' razors gathering dust.

BigMark and Darkbulb like this.
  7. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

Yes, a Auto strop. Waiting on blades and December first.

8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm such a putz! I do have a razor I haven't used. I found it in the closet tonight. It's a travel tech that I took out of the nationwide box and never got around to using yet. I think I'll need to remedy that this weekend. :)

Darkbulb likes this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Nominated for custom title :)

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Out of all the comedy gold I've given, this is what I get back?
    Jeez.

Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Blade modification sounds like a pain but it's not as difficult as it sounds. It helps if you have an old Segal blade to use as a template. Also best if you purchase a very good quality (small) cuticle scissors and use a thinner modern day blade such as Personna or Astra. I recently moved my Segal into my rotation and replaced my HD500 (for now) because it's just that good of shave. Nice heft and balance and so smooth. Bottom line it's worth the effort as really great shaver.

brit likes this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Yes. A NOS Valet Autostrop VC4.

Linuxguile likes this.
  13. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I've used all my razors at least once and many of them are used regularly. All my razors are user quality so I use them.

Linuxguile likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

46-7 aristocrat near nos...

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

[​IMG]

Out of the box once.

jtspartan and Frijolero like this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My way................
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/thre...g-modern-de-blades-for-the-segal-razor.58900/

17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

No but (probably like many) I have a few soaps I haven’t tried yet.

I’m actually at a point where I’d like to try a new razor. Maybe a Schlick injector.

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I also have a few soaps i havent used yet (B&M SoA comes to mind) but have used all the hardware accumulated. Not too dificult since my main AD is soaps:sad038::signs002:

brit and Frijolero like this.
  20. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I have two razors I have not even tried. I never got in mood for trying them after I found my RAD killer. They have been collecting dust maybe 1.5 years (I do not exactly remember when I bought them anymore).

Frijolero likes this.