Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

I am new here -- not new to wet shaving -- and haven't seen much mention of Catie's Bubbles on here. For me, CB is in the top tier of shaving soaps. I have several and love the scents, lather, protection, face feel, packaging, and generous amount of soap. I haven't tried LTV or QCV soaps (they are mostly french names, so abbreviations are common), but they are on my buy list.

Any other Bubbles lovers out there? If not, what didn't you like? If so, what are your favorite scents?

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I've not heard of Catie's until just now. But....

[​IMG] to TSD!

crackstar and ps1160 like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    New to me, too.
    zwelcome.jpg

4. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

crackstar and richgem like this.
  5. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

The name is off-putting for some gents (it was to me, initially), but I have used somewhere around 200 soaps/creams and Catie's Bubbles is right up at the top. It is super easy to lather. They also sell it at Maggard's. Unfortunately, he rarely offers samples. I would like to see him offer more samples because an 8 oz. tub of soap is a big commitment.

crackstar likes this.
  6. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

It is a very good soap with some wonderful scents. Enjoy! :happy088:

7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

No soap review is complete without a Lather shot!!

I want to try the french style, but those names make it difficult to understand what the soap will smell like.

Welcome to the Den, its good to have that kind of experience.

2015 is going to be an aggressive soap acquisition year, and hopefully we can uncover some great artisans flying under the radar.

Thanks for sharing...and keep the feedback coming...

8. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

For those that like Truefitt & Hill 1805, Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove smells very similar. It is a geranium/nautical combo. It is a quintessential scent of Spring to me. Here is one of my past SOTD photos with the soap tub. I am happy to provide a lather shot soon. Dense, yogurt lather within 15 seconds. Honest. There are youtube videos showing how easy it is to lather.

image.jpg

MR41 and crackstar like this.
  9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Whoa...whoa...whoa...Hello satin handle...what's your name? That looks like a perfect pairing for that Ikon..is that the #102?

Now that I know it smells like 1805...I will add to cart.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've heard great things about Catie's Bubbles.

crackstar likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'd think some people would think the same about Nancyboy :)
    They apparently make some really good creams that I will try one day...

Speaking of Catie's bubbles there's a really good interview with the soap maker here that made me very interested in the soap after listening to his story

12. fly3k

fly3k Well-Known Member

I have recently got a tub. Used it once so far. Need another go to dial it in I think. Seems promising though. Think I may have used too much water with it last time.

13. richgem

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    crackstar and BigMark like this.
  14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Been thinking about getting ocean grove.

Paul Turner and ps1160 like this.
  15. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a 102 head. Sorry to say that the satin handle was a custom handle that is not currently available. I got a lot of comments about it in other shave groups and told the seller he should make more of them, but so far he hasn't. I will post here if more become available.

The signature scent of Catie's Bubbles is Le Piment de la Vie (LPV). It is a complex blend of sweet and spice. Very hard to describe, but most people love it.

crackstar likes this.
  16. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but great things about caties bubbles, it's got much love amongst YouTube shavers like TSE. It's at the top of my to try list.

17. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Welcome. I recognize your avatar and am pretty sure I bought some stuff from you on another shaving group.

Haven't tried Catie's Bubbles yet, but they are "on my list," as I've heard nothing but great things. Probably will do so early in 2015. I'm also intrigued by the whipped shea butter product they sell. Have you used that?

18. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

Hi Chuck. Yes, I recognize your photo and name as well from selling you soaps in the past. Glad to see a familiar face here. You probably remember my google spreadsheet with over 100 soaps and creams for sale.

You gotta try the Bubbles! You won't regret it. I haven't tried the whipped Shea butter. I was intrigued by that as well. Darren, owner of Soap Commander, was singing its praises.

crackstar and Chuck F like this.
  19. richgem

[​IMG]

grump and ps1160 like this.
  20. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

BTW, here is a past SOTD photo that shows the full handle.
    image.jpg

MR41 and Darkbulb like this.