Top 5 Artisan Soap Vendors

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Dec 15, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

@theFAT98 ... You were lucky enough to pick up 4 of the best in the business. Those soaps consistently perform well and rank high on most favorites' lists. The crazy amount of great artisans right now is why my SAD is out of control. 2015 is going to be a great year for discovering more great shaving soaps / creams.

clint64 and theFAT98 like this.
  2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm impressed by all of them. That's the problem. There are so many good ones that I want them all. I think I'm driving my wife nuts......

In sickness and in health is what I tell her. This is my sickness.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  3. JR Reyes

That's funny, but so true! I'm still trying to convince my wife to try DE shaving. It would give me the perfect alibi for acquiring more software...lol. I know you just received quite a significant haul, but which artisans are still on your 'to try' list?

theFAT98 likes this.
  4. theFAT98

I hear you. That would make it much easier.

I still want to try soap commander, soapy bathman, queen charlotte...... those are the ones off the top of my head.

What others have you tried? Which others do you need to try?

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Shannon's Soap Silk Pajamas is really nice! Slick. Great post-shave skincare. Tabacco. Caramel. Honey. Rose. Goodness. $9 for a 3.8 tin. :happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088:
    This was a @JR Reyes recommendation! Excellent choice!

theFAT98 likes this.
  6. theFAT98

I got that one. At first the scent was a little strong for me so I let it sit open for about 2 weeks and now I love it. Its a very complex scent.

I also got falling leaves, and lavender ylang ylang.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. JR Reyes

What soaps have I tried???...Oh Boy that would seriously be too many to recall. And trust me, I don't say that to sound boastful...I do suffer from SAD. I do a lot of buying, selling, and trading of soaps so many tubs, tins, and tubes have come and gone through my den. I've tried most of the top artisan soaps, but like you said before, there are sooo many out there, that it's impossible to try them all without going broke...:sad027:

I have soap commander arriving tomorrow, but the top 3 that I want to try soon are Jabonman, Huntlee Master Lather, and Micky Lee Soapworks.

theFAT98 likes this.
  8. theFAT98

Yea I forgot about mickey lee. Also I want to try dapper Dragon.

I was mainly asking what artisan soap you've tried and were really impressed by.

I'm interested to hear how you like soap commander. What flavor?

9. JR Reyes

Soap Commander Vision.

One artisan that works really great for me and most people don't know much about is Beer Soap Brewing Company. That formula is top notch, and it will always be in my den. The owner Kevin is a great guy and highly values his customer service.

Have you tried Cold River Soap Works? That stuff is also really good...especially the select line.

10. theFAT98

I've heard you mention both of those. Ill eventually get to them. Both sound good.

So many choices. ........

11. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

I am look to purchase Catie's Bubbles “Le Piment de la Vie” . Catie's website only takes PayPal and I do not have an account, and Maggert is sold out any other places?

12. theFAT98

Italian barber?

13. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

Currently out of stock

14. JR Reyes

I can tell you right now my friend that a PayPal account is going to almost be a MUST for survival in the wet shaving community. I suggest registering for one as soon as you can.

Is it bad that I have a separate and dedicated PayPal account for ONLY shaving related stuff?

theFAT98 and Delawhere? like this.
  15. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

:happy036:
    Lmao

Bobcat likes this.
  16. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Christmas 2014.jpg

I enjoy RazoRock very much. I have used the Classic, Napoleon's Violet, XX & the awesome XXX! My wife gave me these soaps & cream she found on eBay for Christmas called Love My Skin. Excellent lather, cushion and scents. She also gave me the BebeLush Peppermint/Orange/Pine shave soap which is also fantastic! I'm liking all of these very much.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    SHAVEWIZARD420, Delawhere? and ps1160 like this.
  17. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Cold River is fantastic and as soon as my budget allows I will purchase more. Beer Soap

Delawhere? likes this.
  18. Figaro qua

Figaro qua Member

Sorry my last reply got sent before I finished. The Beer Soap Company is one that did not work for me. A really solid performer, no complaints but I found the 3 scents I bought to be odd. The London Nights did not have a scent at all, just smelled like soap. I gave it to my son and he loves it. The Brass Monkey scent is just odd ad is the Bearded Lady. So the fact that my son loves the scent goes to show just how subjective this is.

JR Reyes, Delawhere? and ps1160 like this.
  19. Delawhere?

Delawhere? Active Member

Is that vintage Gillette? Nice set up

20. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

No that is a Schick Krona. Very nice shaving razor. Shaves similar to a Gillette Superspeed

Delawhere? likes this.