Tapatalk issues

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Chuck F, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Anybody else having Tapatalk issues? TSD keeps disappearing from my list of forums. When I re-add it and try to log back in, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. This had been for the past couple days. Prior to that, I was getting occasional database errors, but everything worked despite the error messages.

Other forums unaffected.

I'm using Android KitKat.

Sevenbark likes this.
  2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Mine does. It keeps saying the date code is wrong.

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    There seems to be an issue with tapatalk and xenforo based forums. I have contacted the tapatalk developers, and await a software patch. I'll keep you guys posted as I have new info.

Chuck F likes this.
  4. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I've experienced with Tapatalk for the past several days as well. At one point it deleted my entire list of forums. I'm on a tablet running jellybean

5. sparky5693

Administrator
    I tried a couple things on my own. I doubt I had any effect on the current issues, but thought I'd check in and see.

6. Chuck F

It's been working for me the past several hours, except it pops up a mySQL error every time I open a thread. But that's just a minor nuisance, it goes away and I can view the thread fine.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Not to disagree with Spark-o-licious, but the real problem is a trojan planted by the Gillette Corp. to keep you tapatalkers away from traditional shaving. ;)

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Chuck F like this.
  8. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Oh no... another conspiracy. Give me a few and I'll make a story for it all to make sense :p

9. Chuck F

Hey, just wanted to mention, everything seems to be working great now. Hopefully that doesn't jinx it!

10. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I had to take Tapatalk off my phone about 6 months ago. When I upgraded to the new version, it was wiping my battery out - using more power than the screen. Has that gotten any better?

11. Chuck F

It's working okay for me, no battery issues. But I didn't have them before either...

12. fly3k

fly3k Well-Known Member

I'm having an issue with tapatalk. I read a few posts and when I refresh they all come back as unread. This isn't happening on any other forums used via tapatalk. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

13. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I have the same issue

14. fly3k

fly3k Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad it's not just me. Can anyone assist it's a great forum but difficult to read further down the posts.

15. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

Try going into the Settings menu for Tapatalk and scroll down to Loading Behavior. In the Loading Behavior screen, select Jump to First Unread and see if that helps.

16. sparky5693

Administrator
    Made a couple changes on our end.... Any change guys?

17. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Yesterday, I began receiving notifications ("Likes", etc.) even though I have them turned off in the "Feed Settings" on the Home page.

18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Why not just access The Shave Den directly from a web browser when using a smartphone? This forum renders very well on mobile devices. Poor forum rendering and usability on small screen sizes was the motivation for Tapatalk in the first place. I just wish The Shave Den would not display the Tapatalk "get the app" screen when first accessing the forum, and then display a second Tapatalk installation offer after the "get the app" screen is closed. Grrrr..... Tapatalk.

19. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

That's what I do too. No real need for tapatalk anymore.

20. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Tapatalk is really starting to get on my nerves. It is really hard to find the threads I want, like when I want to post my SOTD pictures.