Video on Shaveblog

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Lynchmeister, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Lynchmeister

Lynchmeister New Member

Just curious to see if anyone's watched the video on Shaveblog? It's from the Gillette Fusion Phantom publicity event. It's pretty funny, but a word of warning: there is this poor guy at the end who, (under the influence of the camera, I'm sure), allows a woman to shave his dry face slathered with foam in a can and the *new* fusion. This is painful to watch as this guy has some heavy growth and she clearly has no idea what she's doing. :rolleyes:

2. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I noticed that....and she went straight in against the grain!

3. fuerein

fuerein New Member

huh? I just tried going to shaveblog and it redirected me to some "media temple" or something similar website.

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Yeah.. looks like Cory's site is having some problems at the moment.. but I did manage to check out the video before his site went weird.

What's that lady's problem at the end, with using some more gel/foam? It's like she's getting paid inversely to the amount she uses on that poor guy's face... jeez laweez, at least slather homeboy in enough goo so that when you butcher his face he might not feel every single stroke! :eek:

5. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Was she shaving someone? Huh. I didn't notice that about her. :eek:

6. madmedic

Well ......it took determination.......but IF...... you had been taking notice.....she was giving him a terrible shave!!!!

7. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Yes, there is an incredible optical illusion at the end where, if you concentrate hard enough, you can see the vague outline of a man's face.

8. madmedic

Glad you clarified that one.......I thought I was seeing double:D

9. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Ya know, he didn't seem to be complaining about the shave, did he?

10. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I've used a mach3 to shave my beard off and you can really only take 1 small swipe before you have to rinse the razor off. Using a DE is so much easier for that much growth.

I really enjoy Cory's blog. Looks like hes getting burned out on doing it day in and day out. Very entertaining to read. I stayed up all night long the first night I had discovered his sight just to read every post he had. I hope he continues to do it, as I feel it is a great boost to wetshaving.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

maybe he was paid a few 1000 bucks to let that woman shave him?

When I came to watch that part of the video I went "Jesus Christ, what's she doing... come on, use some real lather... no, not against the grain!... dude, run away while you still can..."
    sheer torture wathing that part... :eek:

12. Will

Will Nevermind

I tried to read it but cant quite follow along. It rambles a bit to much, noting against they guy. Leisureguy = way better blog IMHO (easy for me to read :rofl small words :D ).

As for the shave at the end of the video........I actually got sick watching it.

13. fuerein

fuerein New Member

Okay, finally got to watch the video. When it got to the end and the woman shaving the guy... Well, due to the wierd/bad lighting, I thought for the longest time that she wasn't wearing a shirt. Her shirt just sorta faded into the same color as her flesh. I was kinda wondering what gillette was doing giving guys shaves from topless women. Guess thats one way to keep the guys from complaining. :D

14. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Leisureguy's blog is definately top notch. I point anyone who is interested in picking up a brush and shaving the right way to his blog. A huge help.

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

I'm not a fan of Cory's (Shaveblog) though I thought his spot on the Today Show was quite good. But in his defense I did like his Phantom vid. But on the whole, I don't waste my time on Shaveblog.

16. Lynchmeister

Lynchmeister New Member

:rofl :rofl

I'm at work right now, and this must have struck a chord with me because I just about fell out of my chair laughing!