The Veg appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Jan 3, 2015.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Not all are chosen to wear The Veg.
    For those that are, they can't get enough of it (body dousing!).
    For those that aren't, they can't get far away enough from it. :D

178-bplatoon and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  2. ghorn11

ghorn11 New Member

I also acquired the veg, or rather it acquired me. For all of you that haven't heard of this, putting the veg into a glass bottle matures the scent quite a bit. It is wonderful, try it. Others suggested a hot sauce bottle (cleaned out of course). I did this with the veg and clubman. Excellent stuff.

178-bplatoon, Darkbulb and NCoxSTL like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Welcome to the fold - and I agree 100% about keeping The Veg in a glass bottle it actually does do something to the scent. Love it.

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, dscaver and dbersh like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what @Mr. Droid thinks now that he's had it for a couple of days and has tried it n his skin.

Bird Lives likes this.
  5. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

:signs021:The Veg the Duke was wearing must have given him a huge boost in self control. Standing that close to Angie Dickinson dressed like that and still being able to speak in my opinion makes the duke God like. How did he do it???

Hodge likes this.
  6. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Well, I have only worn the Veg once, as I change my fragrance/aftershave daily. But honestly, I was a little bit let down. From all the hype, I was expecting something massive, which is not what the Veg is. This will probably shock the masses, but I found it to be fairly subtle after the dry down. When I first put it on, I thought that I had made a terrible mistake. In my little den, it was momentarily overpowering. Hard to breath overpowering. And it actually smelled sticky. I thought, "everyone is right, there is no way I can wear this!". But it mellowed swiftly. And then, dry and under clothes, I found it to be a quite pleasant, simple, floral scent. It didn't last long in terms of protection, but I could still smell it on myself late in the day, which was nice. When my girlfriend recently asked what I look for in fragrance, I told her my top two criteria are; 1. Originally formulated before 1970, and 2. The word 'masculine' should appear in the first sentence of any given description of the product. So as far as those criteria go, no. 1, pass, no. 2 fail. That doesn't necessarily fail the product, because I do like it, but it will probably never be more than an occasional item for me. But keep in mind that I only wear my absolute favorite aftershaves and colognes once a week at most, usually less. However, I could see getting more use out of it in the summer, especially the miserably humid southern summers I routinely fail to enjoy.
    This opinion is formulated after a single wearing however, so all of this may change. I plan on using the Veg again on Tuesday to reaffirm or reevaluate.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It is entirely possible that the Duke was a god. I don't think we can rule that out. I have seen that picture before and always have to remind myself that he is even in it. Normally I say "hey, there's Angie Dickinson with some extra". Sorry Duke, no disrespect intended.

8. Mr. Shaverman

Lilac Vegetal was originally created for Napoleon's Hungarian Cavalry. Calling it masculine is unnecessary.

[​IMG]

LOL I get the sticky part, that's a good way to describe it. Try it again on a nice spring day, I think that's when it's best.

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I would however call some of those Veg-wearing Hungarian cavalry outfits Liberace-esque…. :D
    SafariScreenSnapz250.jpg :happy068:

Bama Samurai, Spyder, NCoxSTL and 2 others like this.
  10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Not to their faces.

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Probably not…...:D

Bama Samurai likes this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You offend, sir. I was a piano major my first trip to college (ok, actually ended up being a beer major) and I pledged a fine fraternity. We were given "brick names" (long story, no time) and mine was Livercrotchie. I did not, however, dress like either my namesake or the Hungarian Cavalry so I guess I have no reason to be offended. Other than it started the comment out on a much funnier note. Or not.

Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It appears the institution of higher education I attended failed to provide me with the opportunity to attain a degree with that particular major. This, however, did not dissuade me from pursuing it as an elective course….
    :eatdrink047:

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It was not an "official" degree at that institution either but one I pursued with great vigor. I do believe my transcript from those two years still hangs on the Registrar's wall as an example of just how low a GPA can go and still be considered a GPA. Cheers!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Mr. Droid

No, the thing about 'masculine' being in the first line of a description is that it functions as a warning. I tend to like fragrances containing that particular coded warning. It gives those who do not want to smell like a collision between an Arabic spice bazaar and a brothel a chance to quit reading, and look for something else.
    Now when masculine appears in the last line of a description, it is no longer a warning, but rather a reassurance. As in, "yes, this smells like baby powder and flowers, but it is a masculine scent."

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  16. Mr. Shaverman

I do not believe those people exist. How could you not want to smell like a brothel in an Arabic spice bazaar? That's classy.

Bama Samurai, Darkbulb and trey06dmd like this.
  17. Mr. Droid

That's what I'm saying!

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You had me at brothel.

Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

...a sighting on the range in Colorado. image.jpg

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bought it. And Wore it. Loved it. Mrs Samurai liked it in the blind test.

Good enough for Napoleon's cavalry...good enough for me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015