Razor/brush holder

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Doubletrouble, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

I am considering making my own razor/brush holder possibly with a spot for my shave mugs. I'm sure some of you here have made something similar. I'd like to see them, so please post some pics. I'm looking for ideas. Thanks!

2. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Since the search engine here at The Shave Den can sometimes be "iffy," you might try pasting this into your favorite internet search box (I like duckduckgo.com!):

site:theshaveden.com DIY rack

We've trotted out several homemade storage solutions, some quite nice! There's a DIY section somewhere...

Good Luck and Welcome!

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I just used TSD search feature and lots came up.

maltedmilk likes this.
  4. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

Thanks, I admit I did not try the search. Most forums I've been on the search feature isn't worth the hassle. I'll be looking through them for ideas. Most likely something made of wood that I can build to look "old" since that is mainly the decor throughout our farmhouse.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

7. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Very nice holder and brushes, great job

Ceferguson likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

10. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

Nice. They both look great. I have some salvage wood that's about 3/16" I may use. it'll give me a project for the wood shop in addition to the "antique/rustic" tables the wife wants me to build.

Jayaruh likes this.
  11. Ceferguson

Yes the ikon slant, to be completely honest it makes very little difference but it does reduce irritation on my neck.

12. Ceferguson

that will be fun. I just ordered some vie long fan shaped brushes so I will have to make a new brush holder myself

13. cl00bie

cl00bie Member

Here's my setup. I took four large galvanized deck screws, and bought a foot of 1/4" plastic water tubing (like you use for an ice cube maker) and I screwed them into the back of my medicine cabinet.

ShavingSetup.jpg

Ceferguson, Jostalli and maltedmilk like this.
  14. Ceferguson

That works well