What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

In all fairness it's kind of as expensive as you want.
    I often end up at Starbucks and buy a grande coffee for $1.85.
    Sit down at a table and grab a dongle for my phone and use the wireless charging as I use the provided internet for a while.
    When I'm ready to head out I get a full refill for free and hit the road.
    That's two large coffees for about 95 cents a cup and the use of their services.

Bama Samurai and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  2. Walked five miles in windy sub-freezing weather.

Bama Samurai and CyanideMetal like this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, regular coffee at Starbucks is actually about the cheapest coffee around. It's pennies more than 7-11 and less than most convenience stores. When you folks who can't actually handle actual coffee go to Starbucks, I can understand how you don't mind paying extra for the cup of sugar, 4 flavors of syrup and 16oz of sweet cream they add to it. But that all adds up so you walk out with a 20oz 500 calorie drink that's 30% coffee for around $5. But if all you really want is a cup of joe, that 20oz drink is about $2.15 depending on the location you get it from, is fresh brewed within minutes, has 0 calories and is 100% coffee. I think 7-11 is $1.95 for the same size. I have no idea what McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts might charge, but I know Denny's is happy to charge you $2.95 for an 8oz cup that may or may not get refilled. Most restaurant coffee is weak, terrible, and about twice the price of Starbucks.

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  4. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

Started work at 0430. -5 air temp, windmill -23. Heavy equipment operator in coal region of Northeastern Pennsylvania. :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Made home made spicy soup. Ordered the season so far of the Walking Dead to stream. Wrote a few emails. Busted out people with a sarcastic message about coffee.

Redrock likes this.
  6. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

That blonde roast is really good and a nice value. It's gotten me through many shifts. :eatdrink013:

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

And I always use my own coffee mug/bottle so that's another $0.10 off and keeping the planet beating for another couple of beats.

8. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

Shower, shave. Then fired up the lifted 4x4 to haul some firewood to the house. Another chilly one tonight. Went to an antique store in said truck to help wife pick some things up that she purchased just before she remembered she drives a small car lol. Then took the wife out to a nice mexican restaurant for valentines day since I had to work yesterday. Oh, forgot while at the antique store I found a practically untouched gem se in the original box including the 2 original blades that came with it still tied together with string and wrapped in paper. Once home and truck unloaded again it was time to stoke the fire, have some coffee and did a modest wipe down of my lever action 30/30 then did a little research on my newly acquired shaving instrument. That about wraps it up I believe.

Dansco and Redrock like this.
  9. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I just noticed your avatar. I live in Hanover Township, just bordering Wilkes Barre.

icemanwbs likes this.
  10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Yesterday I made chili for my wife, who was sick all weekend. (Not from the chili ... she has a bad cold.) I spent the weekend taking care of her.

Dansco and Sara-s like this.
  11. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

I live in W-B now, grew up in Larksville. Wow, small world !

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today, I cut a vinyl stencil and then used it to acid-etch a label onto my vanillaa-brewing bottle.

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Got a buzz haircut at a real barber shop in Mayfield, KY, complete cut with razor outlining.

Redrock, Bristle Me and CyanideMetal like this.
  14. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

I went to work.

Redrock likes this.
  15. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

My father had many belt buckles he won at rodeos and training race horses, he had one that was large but was the most prestigious buckle he one. I could never understand why he wore a small round college rodeo saddle bronc buckle he won that was until I turned 40 and developed a gut for the first time and after bending over many times and getting poked in the gut I now know why he opted for the small buckle lol.

16. Ceferguson

A pedicure could be manly if you went to a barbershop and asked them how much they charge for one.

17. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I call these "Attitude Adjustments". I always feel better after a buzz (Haircut that is) :)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

You got it. I used to wear them all the time, even with suits and dress clothes. Unfortunately, there is a tipping point in weight where that is no longer practical. I really only wear them on certain occasions where I'm also wearing my boots and hat.

Ceferguson likes this.
  19. Ceferguson

Yea I'm like you I only wear mine when I help out at the college rodeo I rarely wear boots anymore but even when I rodeoed I use to wear flip flops not many people know you spend most of your time in a car and boots suck for hours while driving

gwsmallwood likes this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I ran a line trimmer,a gas line trimmer.
    I pulled a trailer, with my pick-up.
    picked up the bill at lunch.

I may of even pee'd on a tree.

Redrock and Bristle Me like this.