Swedish Snus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Star, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Star

Star Active Member

Anyone on here use this stuff?

Tell me about it.

I'm switching to it from vaping. It's more convenient (less equipment to fiddle with) and it's cheap(ish).

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm not gonna post any photos here as they are quite disturbing but if you got a strong stomach you can check out some of these photos for what snus can cause as far as tooth decay and mouth cancer is concerned. I know quite a few people from 'back in the day' that really wish they had never started using it.

3. Star

Star Active Member

I really appreciate what you're trying to do there but I have not garnered up enough personal willpower to quit, yet. That being said I hope we can move on from the "it's bad for you" posts.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as a complete downer - I'm all for free choice :)

5. Star

Star Active Member

No worries. You didn't come off as a downer. I just wanted to comment before the flood gates open.

I've come a long way. Going from over a pack of cigarettes a day to vaping the hard stuff to vaping the not hard at all stuff to snus a few times a day was a lot of work.

Eventually I'll settle down to chewing gum and exercise, just not today.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Swedish snus is delicious!! 2 years and 3 months snus free but to this day I still miss it sometimes =P especially General original extra strong

7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm a General white portion wintergreen user. Swedish snus are far superior to American brands IMO. The American brands are too sweet.

If one is going to use tobacco, snus are far and away the least repulsive of the options.

Save the hate folks. I've tried/used every type of tobacco product out there. There's no defending it. Tobacco is a nasty addiction.

8. Star

Star Active Member

It seems to be working pretty well for me. I find that I don't use it as often as with vaping and I'm letting go of the fixation of inhaling something. The withdrawals are pretty bad but it's manageable.

I'm using the General white portion mint and General original. Been thinking about ordering some online to try out different things. I like how a lot of the sites list the nicotine levels so you know what you're getting. Any experience with this?

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yes i do and the taxes and shipping costs are way out there!

I've settled on General because they're available locally to me.

10. Star

Star Active Member

I'm thinking about sticking to General for the same reason. I'm just wondering if the other stuff is "better" enough to warrant the trouble.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

For me, not enough to warrant the cost and PITA quotient. Abou once a year I'll make an order for a treat. It was a lot nicer when I had someone close by to split the ahipping with.

12. Star

Star Active Member

That true. I may order a sampling sometime but I'm pretty satisfied with the mint and so far it has been very easy to find here.

13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just read my reply. Dang, I have fat monkey thumbs.