Rivivage shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kurt, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Does anyone have any experience with this soap?

Thanks

Kurt

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I have never heard of that one before, sorry...

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

yes, it's apparently the exact same soap as Gold Dachs Spezial. It's a really nice soap with a great scent, and an unbelievably rich lather, as well as a wonderful skincare.

4. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I've been wanting to try Gold Dachs..
    WHere does one get revivage?

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have both the Gold Dachs and the Riviage - and yes they are the same, even looks exactly alike.. Great soaps both of them..

Riviage is found at ClassicShaving in the US.. Many different Euro stores have them..

Its a bit expensive, but worth it..

6. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I've had excellent luck with Rivivage: great lather, good shaves. The link is to the single pack from Classic Shaving, but they also sell a three-pack (with savings mostly in the shipping cost).

7. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Thanks for the loink, Michael.
    Looks like Revivage is MADE BY dachs...
    $9 a puck. As nice as you all experienced a good price, also

8. crackstar

I remember what I paid here for Gold Dachs soap--25,00 CAN, and this is 3 years ago, and I still have more than 3/4 of the soap left, because the company stopped exporting it to North America.

9. Also sold as DOVO shaving soap.

Regards,

Paul

10. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Yes, it's the same soap as Gold Dachs. Works very well, especially if you have a tough beard.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Ah yes, the Golddachs. Tried it once and gave it away. It really burns sensitive skin - I'm not the only one to have noticed this ;)

12. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

That's because of the high pH. This is why this soap works well on tough beards. They actually advertise it as a beard-softener shaving soap. I had the same problem with Musgo Glyce pre-shave soap.

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

No, that's not true. Most shaving soaps have a pH of around 10, some even as high as 12.
    The extreme beard-softening-properties are just a "communication proposition" - many soaps work just as well, they just found a unique way to market theirs ;)

14. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

I guess I was naive enough to believe them. However, I do find that Gold-Dachs or Lontahntique-Pere et Fils soaps soften the beard. The difference is that my skin agrees much more with Pere et Fils soap.

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh no, it's not about believing or lying or whatever. Golddachs really is a good soap for those who can use it (not having sensitive skin).
    But, you know, every good shaving soap will soften your beard, regardless if they advertise it or not :D

16. crackstar

This may sound strange, but I have a very tough beard, and extremely sensitive skin that is easily irritated or burned, yet Golddachs soap seems, at least to me, very, very soothing and gentle. I also love the scent of it. But like anything else, it's a case of YMMV.

17. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

The shipping costs were very reasonable, I thought, from ClassicShaving.com

18. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

And THanks for the Link, Michael :)