Rapira Swedish Supersteel Blade

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jwr0201, Feb 18, 2015.

1. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

I am sure this blade has been discussed before, but I just had to offer up this observation. Today, I decided to sample another popular Russian blade, Rapira Swedish Supersteel. In short, the best shave I've experienced to date. DFS+ easily with only a hint of razor burn. Clearly my fault, as I pushed the blade a bit since it felt soooo smooth in the shave. Almost silky smooth with very little of the Platinum Lux whisker noise, but it has the same close shave and is probably a little sharper. Very impressed with this one and will most definitely stock up! For my limited experience 2c, I heartily recommend trying this fine blade. Results may vary, YMMV and all that B...
    :eatdrink013:

David Green, Bobcat and Ceferguson like this.
  2. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

The is my go to blade. Also many other Russian blades are pretty good. The rapira stainless steel and the rapira super stainless steel blades are very similar to the Swedish ones

3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

You have a face that is better tuned to the nuances of blades than I do. While I can feel the difference between a Voskhod and a Ladas, as well as either of those and another Russian blade, I can't tell any difference between the Rapira Platinum Lux, Rapira Stainless, and the Rapira Swedish.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not my favorite blade, but I did order a couple hundred recently when the price dropped to about $5 per hundred.

jwr0201 likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Excellent blade-in my rotation. Like Dale said, you pretty much have to get some and some Platinum Lux at the current prices.

6. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Day two shave - even better! DFS++ I'm buying a 100 lot now!

Omaney and markjnewcomb like this.
  7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I think its a better second shave blade for me too.

8. ChrisAnd1950

ChrisAnd1950 Active Member

How does the Rapira blade compare them with Astra SP’s?

9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I find it slightly (juuuust slightly) better than the Astra SP. But nothing that'll make me pay more the the Rapira, should that be the case.

Both are awesome on my face. I'll replace the Rapira tomorrow and then It has had its run for almost 3 weeks, counting 10 shaves if I recall correct. Today’s shave was still very very nice, but I have some sample blades I need to use up.

jwr0201 likes this.
  10. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

My favorite blade. Really great in several of my razors.

Bobcat likes this.
  11. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I really liked it a lot when I tried it in my initial sample pack; it just did not seem to be the best.

12. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Up until a few days ago I could not tell the difference between any of the Rapira blades. However, I can now tell a slight difference between them, with the Rapira Swedish being just a touch smoother than the other Rapiras.

jwr0201 likes this.
  13. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I received 20 of these in my 120 blade Russian sampler pack. Haven't tried them yet but looking forward to it...........

14. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

IMHO, the Rapiras are a slight bit more forgiving - not by much. The Astra seems to be a little smoother, but the Rapiras give easily as good a shave for me. Hard to describe the difference - it is just more a feel type thing. I like these three for my go-to blades. All perform well in my Super Sppeds, but really do well in my EJ DE89!
    Just ordered 100 Swedish Supersteel blades on the bay for 10 bucks and change - shipped. Vohdstok and both Rapiras mentioned are same price. Cannot beat that deal!

15. ChrisAnd1950

ChrisAnd1950 Active Member

I will give them a try. My wife will order them on ebay. Thanks for the info.

16. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

I recently bought 300 Rapiras. They're on par with Polsilver and Astra as my favourite blades. All good!

jwr0201 likes this.
  17. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

I'm have just received a stack of russian razorblades - I will give the swedish a test-run tomorrow :)