*DONE* SWMBO said NO - PIF! - 3 Winners selected!

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by JR Reyes, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Let me first start by saying, I'm so glad that it's March, and its always great to see the wealth of generosity within the shave den community.
    ** UPDATED **
    [​IMG]

Thanks to the generous donation from @txskimo, we now have 3 total aftershaves up for grabs with 3 possible winners. The first person selected will have first choice and the 2nd and 3rd will then have to challenge each other to a duel!...(okay just playing). The next guy chooses and so on...I'm sure you get the hint.

Now for the PIF...

I have to admit that when it comes to aftershaves, SWMBO has the final say so. I recently picked up this bottle of Pinaud Special Reserve thinking it would work great in the winter weather, but after one application, SWMBO said NO! So I figured it would be best to just pass it along to someone who already loves this scent, or someone who is in search of a masculine aftershave. It reminds me of Polo (green), and has a distinct smell.

[​IMG]

To enter, please share an experience where your significant other said "NO" to an aftershave or cologne that you have or once had. Scents are totally subjective, so what works for one person, may not work for another.

Because of the alcohol content I'm going to have to restrict this one to a CONUS only PIF. I will randomly select the winner on Friday the 13th, so good luck to all who enter.

Thanks for sharing gents, and I hope this bottle will find a happy new home.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Chuck F, wristwatchb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife can't stand Old Spice. Stinky old man. Very generous PIF JR.!

PatrickA51 and JR Reyes like this.
  3. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

My wife didn't like either of the Fine Vetivers. Luckily, I just got a sampler so it wasn't much money out the door.

drjenkins and JR Reyes like this.
  4. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

My wife said Aqua Velva reminded her of a nursing home. And so I tried L'Occitane Cade, figuring that buying a woodsy aftershave on the opposite end of the budgetary spectrum might be a solution. She said the Cade made me smell like a hamster cage.

NCoxSTL, PatrickA51 and JR Reyes like this.
  5. Sal

Sal Member

Im in. My wife cant stand the smell of Ogallala bay rum. I actually enjoy it but when I told her to take a sniff straight from the bottle she immediately turned away. I told her when I wear it that I shake the bottle vigorously and the scent is mellowed out but she wont come near me if I am wearing it.

JR Reyes likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm in. The only scent that my wife has commented negatively on is Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla. Go figure...

JR Reyes likes this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I'm in SWMbO doesn't like the Stirling Ben Franklin.

JR Reyes likes this.
  8. PatrickA51

Go figure my wife likes Aqua Velva the best. Says it reminders her of her "Grandpa"

9. PatrickA51

I do not like the new Old Spice. I wish I had some of the Original left. The bottle still has the aroma of it even if it is empty.:angry017::angry019:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

My wife shouts "shut the door!" when I'm lathering with my beloved Arko.
    Definitely would love to try the special reserve
    . I love Pinaud. I'm in!
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    JR Reyes likes this.
  11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm in
    my wife positively hates lilac vegital. can't stand the veg, go figure.
    unfortunately, I'm too stubborn. I limit veg use to every couple weeks. I figure her distain for the veg aught to make me smell better all the other days, right.

JR Reyes likes this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm in. SWMBO loves the Veg, can't stand Clubman. Anytime I use Clubman she just stares at me like "really?" I figure I'm out the door after that. She'll get over it.

JR Reyes likes this.
  13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahaha! Awesome PIF. Not in.

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

100% in.

15. defectivechimp

defectivechimp Well-Known Member

My wife said no to old spice, brute, and aqua velva. I would love to try some pinaud but would hate to waist it if she dissappoves. So i would love to get in to try some

JR Reyes likes this.
  16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

nice pif, not in

17. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Not in but after reading this I went out and bought a bottle of Clubman and Aqua Velva. I'm not sure if me or my wife really like them so I might be doing a PIF shortly as well lol

JR Reyes likes this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Not in—I already have a bottle of Clubman that has received the thumbs down—but I had a similar negative response to Tabac cologne. EVERYONE in my house thought it smelled just like my mom's perfume.
    So I gave my 83-year old mom my bottle of Tabac. She enjoys it. :D

Radiotube likes this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I'm in. I bought a TOBS Sandlewood AS a few months ago and opened as soon as I got it. I thought it was great and thought SWMBO would love it. She in fact did like the smell when she sniffed the bottle. I couldn't wait for the next morning to shave just to put it on thinking she would not be able to resist. The next morning after my shave, I came up to her with great expectations only to find huge disappointment when she said "Eww. What's that; I don't like it at all." Now I only where it on days when we won't see too much of each other.

JR Reyes likes this.
  20. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Not in, I already have it and love it. This is great stuff.

Norcalnewb and Radiotube like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.