Baili victory shaver

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rio Bravo, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Rio Bravo

Rio Bravo Well-Known Member

Hi all, so my new cheap saftey razor arrived today. (Have been addicted to straight cuts and shavettes)

It has been a while since I last shave with one of these but have decided to wait until the weekend. The razor was supplied with six, not five, baili blades which people in the shaveden seem to rave about. Anyway please see an image of the razor. I was impressed with the packaging. There will be a further reivew post shave. Enjoy...

image.jpg

2. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Seems like an another Weishi rebrand. It's a solid built mild shaver that will serve you well ;)

maltedmilk and Rio Bravo like this.
  3. Rio Bravo

Good to hear and I now believe that I have picked wisely. Looks great and I really cannot complain with the price.

Monkeylord likes this.
  4. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Wait! I thought it was a RiMei rebrand!

I got 2 of these for dirt cheap. I think the total delivered cost was ~$7.
    I also have the same razor in gold, but the brand is BaZo. The cap is cosmetically different, but it is the same razor. I agree that they are quite good mild razors.

HEY! There's an idea... what about a mild razor shave-off! I may pit these Chinese beauties against my Star and my generic Old type. Oh... and my recent acquisition, the mild Stahly head, which I stuck on that cheap Mercurry handle.

The battle of the milds would be really cool, but I just switched from the mild side back to aggressive today (R41). It may be awhile before I cross back.

Enjoy that Baili. I really like its RiMei cousins! ;)

Troy M, Rio Bravo and Jayaruh like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I thought it was a RiMei rebrand, too!

Rio Bravo likes this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe that to be the Weishi 2004-v, the dubious predecessor to the Weishi 9306.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  7. Rio Bravo

Seems like there are tonnes identical but with a different branding. It certainly looks the part and has good weight. I hope I do enjoy it

8. Rio Bravo

It probably is haha. Oh well, baili and RiMei are obviously brothers that get separated at some point in the distribution line.

9. Rio Bravo

Ha ha

Probably

10. Rio Bravo

Have you all not noticed:

weishi
    RiMei
    Baili

All have two i's. Perhaps they are all from the same family. :)

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I think this is a three piece razor.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  12. Mr. Shaverman

LOL You are correct sir! I originally looked at it on my phone and it looked like a TTO.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  13. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Yep I think you're right , when i saw he box with the mirror and the knurling my first thought was Weishi, but it' s rimei, a better shaver tahn the weishi in my opinion, a little thin on the bottom plate but a good little shaver :)

Rio Bravo likes this.
  14. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I love my Baili Victory razor. Its a great razor slightly on the mild side. But I do love the Baili blades. The ones in the blue wrapper. Have not tried the ones in the green wrapper. Not sure if there is a difference.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  15. Rio Bravo

I must admit it is a very nice razor for the price. It glides well. I do believe you are correct when you describe it as being on the slightly mild side. If anything I would describe this razor as the perfect razor to start with or to be considered as the perfect travel accompaniment or the faithful "tucked away" office desk drawer razor. I am just mesmerised by the value for money.

16. Rio Bravo

I'm learning quickly. Is tto = twist to open?

17. Mr. Shaverman

Yes it is!

Rio Bravo likes this.
  18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

just finished a shave with my Baili. Look
    I haven't had the huevos to try the blades that came with the razor. You just may have given me the courage to try.
    I still get a kick of my razor, which states it's "glod & silver" :)
    For the $7 price tag; this is really quite a bargain, and it does give a nice shave. (I've been using Russian blades).

WP_20150226_001.jpg

WP_20150226_004.jpg

Troy M, Rio Bravo and grump like this.
  19. Micah Jenkins

Micah Jenkins Active Member

That looks very interesting. Where did you find it?

20. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Ah! "glod and silver" :happy088:

Rio Bravo likes this.