Duane Reade Possible Van der Hagen Luxury Shave Set Clearance

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by gzp, Mar 7, 2015.

1. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is just the one store near me or or if it is chainwide (could be they were marked down after being returned). I'm in Fresh Meadows, NY, the Duane Reade near me had the Van der Hagen Luxury Shave set in with clearance items, marked down to $10. This is the set with the badger brush, shave mug soap and stand. Probably not worth a special trip but no harm checking if you happen to be going anyway. I'm hoping the badger brush will hold up better than the boar brush did.

2. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5ยข

It isn't very good, better than boar but not great.

3. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Thanks. I liked the boar brush until it started to lose bristles in clumps from the middle of the knot. If the badger holds up I won't regret the $10.

4. SDK

SDK it's his fault

The Badger brush is good, and doesn't shed much.

The glue holding the knot in was subpar on mine, as the brush fell apart within a month. I just re-glued it and it's been fine since. It should serve as a decent backup, loaner or travel brush when you eventually upgrade.

MarshalArtist likes this.
  5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I like my VDH Badger. It's actually the only badger I've tried that I like. Go figure! If I had one of these stores near me I'd go get one.