What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I decided on a good ole homemade pizza. Trying to justify the purchase of this commercial kitchenaid I bought last month.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Becky made some lasagna the other night, first time making her own noodles with her new pasta maker.
    It was certainly delicious hot out of the oven, but I find lasagna to be one of those dishes that tastes better a couple days later.
    MAN! Was it good tonight!!

3. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I made gluten free breaded turkey nuggets tossed in buffalo sauce and then added to a nice big salad! The wife raved about it. I'm happy.... and full!

CarlfromMO, Carbide Mike and txskimo like this.
  4. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I had a left over Chimichanga with steak from my lunch at Frontera. The wife did bring home some fresh black bean and corn salsa to go with it.

Carbide Mike, txskimo and Radiotube like this.
  5. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Pizza and zucchini bread are the only things I ever made in my KitchenAid, although it is one of the the smaller ones.

Carbide Mike and txskimo like this.
  6. txskimo

Yeah pizza is one of the easiest things to make. I'm not sure why I ever pay the big chains although I guess it's a lot more convenient.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

It's a Kitchen Aid. You never have to justify it.

I have a KA blender that earns its keep every summer.
    3/4 full of ice.
    4 oz of watermelon schnapps. And turn to full power.
    When it "freezes" trickle vodka until it thaws and blends into a slush! Garnish with fresh watermelon.

It will get you hurt because you will pass out poolside and get a bad sunburn.

PLANofMAN, Carbide Mike and txskimo like this.
  8. txskimo

I'm going to have to try that

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I stuffed some Italian bread crumb crusted chicken breast with mozzarella. Served with bow tie pasta and home made marinara.

Carbide Mike, txskimo and HolyRollah like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Homemade tamales….served with one of my favorite Mexican beers, Negra Modelo. Flan for dessert. Our 'Ocho de Marzo' celebration….:D
    Great way to end a hectic day!

Carbide Mike, txskimo and DEfettish like this.
  11. txskimo

So is making tamales as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I wanted to try but every time I ask somebody about it they deter me.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

They can be. Much depends upon how many short cuts one takes. Instant-masa and supermarket lard makes it less labor intensive—but they lack both there rich, wonderful flavor and fluffy texture of fresh masa and freshly roasted & rendered pork fat. Dry corn husks I prefer over banana leaves. I also prefer savory vs sweet tamales.
    Tonight was with a red pork filling—Cerdo Rojo Picante—essentially a long-roasted seasoned pork butt (shoulder), pulled and simmered with a guajillo-based red sauce (onions, tomatoes, garlic, guajillo chiles) until thick and then stuffed into the masa, wrapped in the husks, and steamed for several hours. Wonderful! Light, fluffy masa with a spicy rich filling! Worth the effort!
    SafariScreenSnapz286.jpg

13. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

We did turkey-stuffed bell peppers with fried egg and bacon. Topped with a citrus guacamole. Yum

I would be lost without my Cuisinart!

Carbide Mike and txskimo like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night, we made baby-back ribs, oven roasted and marinated in COca-cola. They were tasty & so tender that the meat just fell off the bones.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

My son ate the last of the jambalaya. I had a meatloaf w/American cheese sandwich also leftover. :)

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Veal stew/pseudo-goulash over egg noodles.

Carbide Mike and HolyRollah like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Pizza with anchovies and mushrooms.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  18. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I work graveyard and am trying to lose 40 pounds....so, so far, its just been a green fruit smoothie

Carbide Mike and HolyRollah like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Cobb salad, a cheese stick and some hot tea.

HolyRollah likes this.
  20. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Slow roasted pulled pork with a mustard, brown sugar and sriracha rub!

HolyRollah likes this.