BornSharp: The world's first smart razor?

Discussion in 'Articles' started by PLANofMAN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. cwnidog

cwnidog New Member

Yeah, but are you telling me that you'd turn down a Delorean, if it were priced reasonably? I'm not going to rush out and buy a BornSharp, but I'll probably pay attention to them and see if the price comes down to reasonable.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

I hope it succeeds.
    I am a happy Rolls Razor user. Mine is about 65 years old with original blade.
    A decent one can with care and caution be had on eBay for about $30 +/-.
    Mickey

178-bplatoon likes this.
  3. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

If I buy $500 worth of SE blades at $20 each 100-pack and I shave every day I will use them up in 54 years. 108 years if they are Personna injector blades.

4. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

Fram,

Go for the 108 years.

Mickey (81 years old)

5. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

As of today they have only raised $11,000 of the needed $100,000. Doesn't look to good for them.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Maybe they should go to Kickstart?

7. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

Interesting concept, but i don't see it happening on a larger scale than just an luxury item. At first glance, my question was "ok, but how is it more hygienic?", as it's a personal problem i have. They kinda try to fix that with "the blade is also disinfected, bathed in an ultraviolet light bath", but it might not work too well. Small spaces, those little UV bulbs will get dusty, they would probably get some steel particles on them, and will probably not be effective after few uses.
    Then, it does not seem too reliable. They assure you will get 5 years of shaving out of that blade. That's impressive, but what's going on if you drop the damn thing and your blade is getting a little bump? You will probably have to do your 5 years planned spending earlier, and i bet that those blades won't be cheap.