What do you hate about wet-shaving?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by HUF, Nov 16, 2014.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I hate that I did it the other way for 40 years....

Bristle Me likes this.
  2. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Yep, me too.
    Disposables and carts for way too long.... :(

mrchick likes this.
  3. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

The price of all the vintage stuff I want, and the fact I don't have enough money to buy it all.:angry017:

mrchick likes this.
  4. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

Really? I have to shave twice a day or I get a gray 5:00 shadow.

5. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

I spend so much time there that my dogs charge me rent........:D

Greg F. likes this.
  6. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

I joined the Corps in 1965, and we were issued something like a Gillette Tech ball-end DE safety razor. Probably a knock-off supplied by the lowest bidder. I don't remember what happened to it. I quickly switched to straight razors after Boot Camp and still have both my Dovo, and Genco razors that traveled all over the world with me.

Kizurra likes this.
  7. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

What I hate about wet-shaving??? Absolutely nothing. Aside from waking up next to the Mrs., sometimes it's the best part of the day.

Troy M likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm blessed with a light-growth beard. I have to wait a couple of days before the gray shadow appears.
    Your bio says age 55—so I'm impressed! Not that many kindergarteners make it past Marine boot camp! :D

9. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

My Mother-in-Law

10. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

I didn't know I had a bio. Of course, that's incorrect. I will be 66 in April. I will try to correct it if I can figure out how to get into the settings.

11. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

In settings, it says I can't change my birthdate, even though it's wrong. It says to contact an administrator. The month and day are right, but the year is off by exactly 10 years. It should read 1949, not 1959. I have no idea how that happened. I guess I should be sure and wear my glasses when I am filing stuff out. It's funny...I don't feel 10 years younger.....:)

Troy M likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I hate when a soap or cream I enjoy gets discontinued.

Kizurra likes this.
  13. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Hate the addiction.

14. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

There is a clinic for that here…

15. tave

tave Member

Someone trying to carry on a conversation with me while I'm shaving. Downright rude if you ask me. Dangerous too!

crackstar and Virodoc like this.
  16. Virodoc

Virodoc New Member

Honestly, although the shave is so much better in all respects than disposable cartridges, and the process is part of the enjoyment, the amount of time it takes to prep and shave can be a downside. I like to be clean shaven all the time. However, sometimes, with a 10 month old baby, it can be really difficult to find the time to spend shaving to my standards. I don't like being rushed, as that typically leads to nicks, irritation, and a sub-par shave.

17. Virodoc

Virodoc New Member

I just started using the DE a couple weeks ago, and I do still have that fear. But using the straight edge, its like the other person is playing russian roulette with my life! haha.

18. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

I hate that I didn't start this before I hot married. Think of all that space I could hsve

19. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

The question of not knowing what lies ahead, I think, is one of the many differences between man and the lower species. Just think about... if we knew exactly how each and every shave (or any thing in life, as a matter of fact) turned out, then where`s the fun? No, the inconsistencies, I think is what brings ME back each morning to expectations of something anew, a challenge, a dare, a new experience to conquer..... besides I HATE whiskers.

billdog2 (but then I jest), with fond adieu

20. jrjones60

jrjones60 New Member

the blood sacrifice.....LOL