Best Shave Cream EVER!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Deniz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Sal

Sal Member

I am a big fan of all of the Proraso creams

2. Mister C

Mister C Member

I will have to try the MEM once I run out of this Palmolive Classica I recently purchased. It is not quite the "Classic" Palmolive from back in the day. Smells pretty similar but says "con estratto di Palma" Which I believe means it has extract of Palm in it. Not sure if that moisturizes or makes it slicker. Kinda pricey @ $12 for only 100ml. Looks like the MEM is only $10.50 for 140ml which a much better deal. I'll have to try one of those blade samplers too. Anyway, thanks for the link.

KLF likes this.
  3. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I like the Palmolive cream, it has a real barbershop scent to me. I find it leaves my skin a little bit dry but I suppose its very personal, and I fix it with some aftershave balm.

crackstar likes this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Wifey just received TOBS Avacado, Rose and Grapefruit and they all smell awesome. I think if a guy had a TOBS and a Caties Bubbles in the rotation, he wouldnt need anything else.

crackstar likes this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm wondering if Lavendor is still available. I remember buying it the last time I was in Israel. :)

6. KLF

KLF Doctorin

The triangular shaped ones? I can look for them if you want ;-)

7. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

Best cream for fragrance: Agua de Colonia Barberia.

Best cream for performance: Trumper's Violet.

8. Hudson

Hudson Member

from the six or seven samples/ creams I've tried so far i have to put proraso red in that spot. The shaves I've been getting with it since i received it have been outstanding. Had it for a few days now and haven't gotten around to trying the other samples I received!!

9. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

I've been wanting to try some new creams so after reading about this here I checked some other reviews and they were pretty good. So, I just ordered the 6 tube sampler pack...for a whopping $17 shipped!

For that price, you can't go wrong. There is bound to be a couple that I really like, and if there are any I don't, they'll be great PIF candidates ;).

Omaney likes this.
  10. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Member

Proraso Red wins hands down as value for money perfomance every time - I love it.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Yep. I just stocked up on some more Coates too.

12. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

[​IMG]

Arrived! He ships quick, can't wait to try them out. I'm mixing up some pre shave oil as well tonight, hopefully it'll be smooth like butta .

13. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

PSO mixed 60/40 olive oil/castor oil with a couple sprays of cologne for scent. So that really makes it 59.9/39.9/.2.

I shower shave. PSO applied after the face wash and let sit in for a minute or so. A marble sized dab of Coate's Rose applied and face lathered with fingers.

Dang that was smooth and slick! The rose did irritate my face a little bit, but maybe that's because I BBS shaved yesterday and really shouldn't have shaved at all today, but I got a little excited with the new goods :).

I'm going to give it 2-3 days before my next shave and try the rose again. If I feel anything off next time, some lucky TSD member can try it out next.

Overall, a great shave and I'm impressed with the Coate's. Can't wait to try out the Tea Tree and the Lime!

Spyder likes this.
  14. DAN LEWIS

DAN LEWIS Member

I am new to wet shaving as well, but I have found that the TOBS grapefruit or lemon is great for me. Today I used a very inexpensive Derby Limon and got a great lather out of it as well. Comparing the prices, I may switch to it for a while and see how it goes.

15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

I havent used very many but I really like the body shop macca root, I have NEVER had a bad shave using it.

Hodge and MarshalArtist like this.
  16. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

I've got this on order, can't wait to try it out.

17. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

it may not be the cheapest stuff out there but it is the best i have ever used (again, not a whole lot). look forward to your thoughts once you use

18. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

I've been wet shaving for 17 years, but have never used creme till recently. I also picked up some Derby (Lemon and Lavender), and tried both. They work great! And you cant beat the price. The scents are very strong (in a good way) and enjoyable too. =)

DAN LEWIS likes this.
  19. kolombo

kolombo New Member

I've also heard great things about the Noxzema cream. Too bad I'll never get to try it out.

20. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever used Maggard shave croaps?