SoS: March 30, 2015 - April 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Tuesday Shave
    001.JPG
    Razor: WSC JB
    Blade: Crown Super Stainless (5)
    Brush: WSC Pure Boar Bristle
    Soap/Creme: Derby Lavender Shave Creme
    AS: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
    Fragrance: Old Spice Classic Cologne

Had an awesome shave today! BBS and soooooo comfortable. I really love the Derby creme (I have Lemon too), it gives a great lather and smells so good. Also can't say enough good about the crown blades. I actually got them in my first Wet Shave Club box and thought, "Meh, probably not gonna be very good, but I'll try one.". They are now my favorite blade!!! They're wicked smooth; like buttah! And I get about 7-10 shaves from each (depending how much I feel like stretching it).

Hope yall had a great shave today as well. :)

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Planned SOTD for Wednesday
    [​IMG]
    59' Fatboy
    Rapira blade
    New Forest Silver tip brush
    Pacific Shave Co shave oil
    Al's Shaving Products Fougere About It Shave cream
    Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief AS balm
    CC North aftershave

After six days in a row with the Futur, I thought I better not forget about the other razors in the rotation.

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Ken
    Sorry to hear of your loss. When my Aunt Passed Away she was suffering from Alzheimer's or early stages of it.
    You and your family will be in My wife and my thoughts and prayers. Again sorry to hear of you loss.
    "Semper Fi"

grump, ObiDon, ram57 and 4 others like this.
  4. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

March 31 - 5th DE Shave

Pre-shave - Shower, Neutrogena Grapefruit Wash, and Shave Secret
    Razor - EJ89
    Blade - Single Pack Feather
    Brush - Omega Pro 48 (still a stiffy)
    Soap - Proraso Cream (Verde); Plastic cereal bowl lather (I know that I'm uncouth)
    Method - Modified 3 Passes with some spot treatments. Still feeling the grain out and trying to find the most efficient attack points.
    Post-Shave - Cold Water, Mary Kay Hydrate, and Clubman Musk

Results - DFS; no irritation, bleeps, creeps, or sweeps. I like the feather blade ... wasn't nearly as formidable as what it's been made out to be.

wristwatchb, NewellVW, Hodge and 27 others like this.
  5. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Feathers are sharp (tested and proven sharpest on the market), but they aren't as slicey and dicey as some stories will say. Due to their sharpness though, they can be harsh and unforgiving, especially to sensitive skin. Even with good technique, you can get irritation from them just from being so sharp. I used to use Feather exclusively, and loved them. When paired with my super mild Weishi 9306-C, they were a perfect shave. But still, I'd get irritation sometimes. Some people also get irritation from different coating on blades. For instance, platinum blades will disagree with some folks. I actually think I may have that problem as since I've switched to straight stainless blades, BOOM!; no irritation ever (unless I use pressure or rake the same area a ridiculous amount, which I dont, lol.) I'm still testing though. Figure best way too know is too try a bunch of different blades and see what happens. My next test will be Treet Classic carbon steel blades.

Glad you have good luck with the Feathers though, they're a great blade. And very nice setup. I even give props on the cereal bowl; I love it! :happy088:

6. Moses Brown

Lol. At this point, Im using a blade from my sample pack two times, then switching brands to get a once over.

So far, my blade bracket says this (best to "I dunno but that..."):

1) Gillette 7 Oclock
    2) Feather
    3) Astra SP

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I went with my originally-planned set-up and wow, did I ever freeze myself with the Glacial Lemon Chill soap. What a great shave I had. :)

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg
    April 1 SOTD:

Home made pre shave oil
    Fatboy with Rapira PL
    Stirling Port-au-Prince
    WD Silver tip
    Tabac AS

Today was also a start of my focus on the FB. I had a decent shave but I do struggle with the angle on this razor. For some reason the head confuses me a bit making it difficult for me to really get it just right.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    April 1, 2015
    Prep: Hot Shower. Axe Shield Face Wash
    Razor: RRBS
    Blade: Sputnik
    Brush: Semogue 1305
    Lather: WSP Rustic Fougere Noir
    Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud
    Very enjoyable shave. I need to use my WSP soaps more often. I currently have nine brushes in my working rotation, I'd like to get that number down to five, the Semogue 1305 just might make the cut..The Sputniks are a good blade!
    Go out and get it
    image.jpg

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

11. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Wednesday, April 1, 2015
    Prep - Spilled hot coffee on my face
    Brush - Harbor Freight Paint
    Cream - Miracle Whip
    Razor - Buck #110 (Folding Hunter)
    Toilet water rinse, aluminum, Witchy Poo, some of the blue stuff from inside a freezer thingy

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Chiseled in comfort
    Excellent shave today. Lather monster chiseled up Sherlock into creamy yogurt in no time. Der Vorschlaghammer mowed down my stubble closely and smoothly, and Sherlock splash wrapped it up right. My face feels great and I smell good.
    Prep: Proraso White
    Soap: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: Der Vorschlaghammer
    Blade: Voskhod (2)
    AS: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    [​IMG]

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with dove+ care
    rubberset 400
    BOMBED Nana June's bay rum
    Gillette new lc
    Ladas(2)
    ICED virgin island bay rum
    today's shave was nice. nice cool lather. three passes with the long comb. very smooth. finished with iced bay rum.
    hope y'all did as well, or better.
    20150401_074253-1.jpg

14. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Wednesday's Shave

[​IMG]

Prep: Hot shower w/ Grandpa's Pine Tar
    Lather: Arko
    Brush: Omega 13522
    Razor: '46-'50 Gillette Heavy Gold Tech
    Blade: Sputnik
    Scent: Tommy Bahama Very Cool

Quick 2 pass shave at 0100 this morning. I think I might line the Sputnik blades. Going to try for a full 3 pass tomorrow.

15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

4/1/15
    Heading off with 17 students to FFA judging contests so a quick and early 2 pass shave

Prep: warm wash and cornhusker's lotion
    Lather: ST. James Mandarin & Patchouli
    Brush: TGN synthetic
    Razor: Schick J1
    Blade: Schick (2)

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I had an uncle who suffered from alzheimers, too. That is rough.

PatrickA51, crackstar, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

WEDNESDAY
    Feeling perky this morning….

[​IMG]

18. Moses Brown

Iced VIBR? Oh I gotta try

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Odin's Day:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Invigorating Facial Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Oakmoss Glycerin
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (purple wrapper) (3)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (7, 8, 9)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's WH, Pinaud Clubman AS splash
    Cologne: Oud Velvet Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

I took yesterday off from shaving, just to give myself a little more stubble to work with as I continue to learn angle and pressure with my new razor. Unfortunately, it didn't work, as I put a little to much pressure on my throat during the XTG pass, resulting in a little cut on my jugular vein. It wasn't bad, at first, but quickly escalated as I continued shaving, so that by the ATG pass I was a little dizzy and felt the need to call for help from. . . April Fool's. Three comfortable passes, no bloodshed, no irritation, no problems whatsoever.

20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Menthol Wednesday

I think I have been reading too many of @crackstar 's posts. 3 days of heavy duty menthol in a row is very unusual for me. Today was a very heavy menthol, using almost all Stirling Glacial Obsidian with just a touch of PDP. 3 passes and smooth as glass.

PDP w/ Stirling Glacial Obsidian
    Rapira Stainless blade
    slim adjustable

For some unknown reason I feel like I don't need a pre-shave oil when using menthol, and I haven't been suffering from the lack of pre-shave oil.