SoS: March 30, 2015 - April 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 29, 2015.

1. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:greet002:
    Happy Birthday, Guy!

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 7 others like this.
  2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Ouch! How long till you get that off!

PatrickA51, Llyr, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Guy!!!!!

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

When I tell guys that menthol can be very addictive I know what I'm talking about! lollll

PatrickA51, Hodge, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  5. ObiDon

image.jpg Razor: Gillette Fusion ProGlide POWER 2013 - Braun 8595 2005
    Brush: Badassshaving Flaming Birch Black Badger 24/55
    Mug: VDH
    Cream: Seifenglatt Shave Soap Barber Shop
    Pre shave: Electric Shave
    Post shave: hydrocortisone 10%
    5 blades, 5 times the fun. So I whipped up the Seifenglatt in my VDH mug and off we go. A push of the power button on this light vintage Gillette, there is a new swivel head version that I'm dying to try, and the razor starts it wonderful song. Bzzzzzzzzz. WTG XTG ATG and all over the grain, no problem. Pat dry, add a little electric pre shave, and hit all the spots missed by the 5 blades with my classic Braun. Just wow! What a shave. Half a tube of hydrocortisone and I'm good to go. Have a good one.

6. ObiDon

Happy Birthday, Guy! :happy069::greet002::bounce017:

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zbirthday3.jpg

8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday @ram57

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 6 others like this.
  9. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I don't usually post here, but I couldn't help but share my experience with the new shaving soap I just made. I call it formula #afj-4115. I'll have to come up with a better name if I decide to sell it. The scent is a cross between an Iowa cornfield, fried chicken and a freshly cleaned bathroom. I attribute these first two unique scents to the recycled cooking oil I saponified using the lye in my drain opener. The last scent comes from the toilet bowl cleaner I used to balance the pH. The hydrochloric acid did a marvelous job taking the alkaline sting out of the finished product.
    The down side of this new soap is that it is rough on razor blades. It dissolved the Astra SP and Persona Red I tried. Switching to the Voskod was a better plan as the Teflon coating afforded some protection for the metal underneath. There wasn't much point to using the Voskod, however as by that time most of the hair on my face had also dissolved and did not need to be shaved.
    One of the benefits of my soap is its exfoliating properties. I think this will be a real selling point as I noticed I was able to remove several layers of skin in just one application. After that I applied my Silvadine post shave balm and I was ready to go. I look forward to using my new home made soap again in a few weeks when the redness goes away and my nerve endings regenerate.

10. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Guy! :greet002: Hope you have a great day and evening planned. :party:

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 6 others like this.
  11. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Wednesday 4-1-2015 (April Fools day or as we call it at my house ...Wednesday1)

Futur @ 2 w/Wilkinson Sword
    Noxzema
    Classic Brand Bay Rum SS
    GP Scuttle
    Semogue 1460 Boar
    Dickinson's WH
    GB Body Lotion
    Aqua Velva Musk ASL/Cologne

Shave Photo 428SM.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  12. ObiDon

One of the unique features of the FB is as you change the setting you are changing both the blade gap and the blade angle so the angle you hold the razor could change. After changing mine from 3 to 7 I landed on 5 for my first 2 passes on my face and neck and 1 pass ATG on my neck on 3. A 3 shaves me like my Merkur 34c. Google luck!

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I would like to invest in this product.

25dollars.jpg

14. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you gentleman! Surprise breakfast buffet at work, preceded by BBS shave this morning. The day is looking up!

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Happy birthday and best wishes, buddy! (and many nice, BBS shaves!) ;)

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 4 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Birthday Guy.

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 3 others like this.
  17. ObiDon

It took me awhile to get over the fear of the Feather blade, and yes it is very sharp, but it is my exclusive blade now. It fits my technique and face and beard. Light beard, sensitive skin, and I let the weight of the razor do the work. I only get two three pass shave this way, but it works for me. Enjoy!:eatdrink047:

18. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Gents!

19. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Does that brush not perform well?

20. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Happy Birthday Guy! :git::greet002::git:

PatrickA51, Norcalnewb, grump and 4 others like this.