How do you make your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

New percolator. New method of percolating. 1950's, just like Grandmother used. May be a later date.

PYREX #7759-B Flameware Glass 6 to 9 cup Percolator $_57.jpg

2. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I used to use a Bodum French Press cafetiere, a Senseo, or a Bialetti Moka Express. But I have been enjoying Nescafé Azera recently. Sacrilege...

[​IMG]

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Always wanted to try one of those. Saw one last year for around $5 but the internals were missing.

PatrickA51 and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now that incandescents have been effectively outlawed (what country is this again?) I want to see him make one out of fluorescent tubes.

6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

A country that is owned by corporations, well at least somewhat.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Fred Hill and PatrickA51 like this.
  7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I have a GE percolator that makes a fine batch on the weekend. Like anything it's 80% coffee and 20% prep. I also like dragging out the FrenchP on occasion but I rarely have time.

PatrickA51 and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Star

Star Active Member

I really want to try a small french press but I don't know if I'd have the time either.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

The only coffee I enjoy is Navy CPO approved coffee that will take the paint off the side of a U.S. Navy Ship 2 Fathoms below the water line.
    Memorial day is coming up soon, next monday. Take the time to thank a Veteran. (I'm not trying to hijack this thread)

gorgo2, BigMark and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Makes outstanding coffee.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

French-press this morning...Peets Major Dickason...solo negro; sin crema , sin azĂșcar
    [​IMG]

PatrickA51 likes this.
  12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

21 grams of Lavazza Crema e Gusto via pour over 11oz of water.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  13. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

PatrickA51 likes this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Press pot almost exclusively anymore. Makes great coffee.

15. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Mr. Coffee 12 cup.

16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I have a vintage SS percolator that I keep in the camper. It makes a great cup of coffee, usually strong because I eye ball the amount of coffee I add each morning and usually forget to keep an eye on when it starts to perk. At home, we have a Kuerig that both the wife and I enjoy. We buy coffee directly from Kuerig online and get free shipping all the way up here.

17. Daxom

Daxom New Member

Melitta Pour Over. Quick and easy clean-up.

18. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Well, now I've done it! I bought a coffee maker from a Frisbee company. Yes, today, while getting some coffee from a local roaster, I overheard a group of people discussing how they all use the AeroPress. Being the curious George that I am, I purchased one and will compare it to my usual method.

19. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

This morning was Keurig with Maxwell House in it.

20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The Bonivita is pretty much the same. The carafe and cone are Melitta, it just has a water reservoir and heating element. I believe it has a 1400 watt heating element, and it heats the water faster and hotter than most coffeemakers. The end result is about the same as hand pouring hot water over the cone filter, it's just more convenient. The downside is it takes up more counter space and the Bonivita with carafe is about $160 whereas the Melitta carafe and cone filter are about $35.