Sunscreen?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Norcalnewb, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

What do you guys use for sunscreen on your face? I was at the kids soccer games yesterday and got a little burned. I have managed to weed out a lot of products that contain SLS and go a little more natural. I thought I might try the same with sunscreen.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I only trend to use it at the beach. but I've been using either coppertone, banana boat, or bull frog. all three are 50 rated. I apply twice while there, but sometimes still get a touch burnt.

3. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

4. troy_gies

troy_gies Active Member

For days I know I'm going to be in and out of sun - I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (SPF 15). (This was recommended by dermatologist.) For beach or golf, I use Coppertone Sport Spray (SPF 50).

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I use Banana Boat SPF 30. It's what I've used ever since I was young and it's protected me. I also tan very easily.

crackstar likes this.
  6. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5ยข

Neutragena sunscreen for faces SPF 30.

ObiDon likes this.
  7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I have oily skin, and I've tried staying away from Avobenzone and sticking with good ole zinc oxide and titanium oxide based products. I'm trying one now that is for kids, but I've only used it once so far. Some others that I've read are good are Badger Broad Spectrum, COOLA Face, Paula's Choice Resist, and Sebamed.

8. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

I just got in some Smart Shield gel that I'm going to try this week. I hate using sunscreen, but my lily white skin dictates otherwise. I've been using the Bullfrog Gel, but it still leaves my skin greasy, and I can't stand that feeling.

The Smart Shield is supposed to be great for people with oily skin, which I have. It claims to absorb into the skin instead of laying on top. I'll report back after I use it.

9. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I use Neutrogena "Ultra Sheer" which is non greasy, both a spray and cream. SPF 50+, with a hat long sleeves and sunglasses. Make sure what ever you use is "Broad Spectrum" so it covers UVA & UVB. Check this link http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/whats-best-sunscreen

MarshalArtist and Boojum1 like this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011: +1

11. gwsmallwood

I tried some of the Sheer versions. They seemed to make my skin break out. I have a different issue than most, as I'm a head shaver, and I have to be very careful what products I use on my scalp.

ObiDon likes this.
  12. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I think they call that a hat! :scared003:

13. gwsmallwood

Those are actually worse than the sunscreens...

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I wear long sleeves and a brimmed hat.

Dzia Dzia and BigMark like this.
  15. david of central florida

good idea but a hat doesn't work so good on the water.
    the rays reflect up

ObiDon and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20. I use it every morning, and it contains no SLS. I wear something stronger if in the sun all day, usually Neutrogena or Aveno SPF 45. It doesn't seem that common among forum members, but, my two cents, daily sun protection is just as important, if not more important, in the long run. Protect your skin now, or pay your dermatologist to periodically remove small pieces of it down the road. Like I said, just my two cents.

ObiDon and Boojum1 like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I use one called Mexi-tan.
    http://www.mexitanproducts.com/SPF30MoreInfo.html
    I get good results and it doesn't smell like most other sunscreens. However, you should be aware that A)it will impart a whitish tint to your skin (this will wash off), making you look even paler and
    B) it uses eucalyptus oil. I like this, as it acts as a bug repellent, but, despite what the label says, it does have an aroma.

18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I can't stand the feel of anything on my face. I had to leave a career in dinner theater because I couldn't take wearing stage makeup night after night. If I'm out in the sun, I just wear a baseball hat.

19. gwsmallwood

[​IMG]

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  20. david of central florida

I stand corrected.