Stirling executive man is dead-on aventus!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Zed117, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

While Stirling Sharp dressed man and razorock xx smell in a similar vein to the cologne they are inspired by, they are lots if differences in the notes.

Stirling executive man smells identical to aventus, I have a splash on each wrist and have trouble telling them apart!

This is fantastic and definitely not synthetic smelling and a lot more colored and complex for Stirling. It's fantastic!

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am enjoying my Executive Man soap and splash. Excellent product. :happy088:

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I agree! I have the shave soap, bath soap, and splash. Rod nailed it............

[​IMG]

4. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I ordered a sample of Executive Man yesterday, as well as many other samples and a few full size pucks. This will be my first Stirling experience.

David Green and Seabs like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

WP_20150326_001.jpg I have the soap and the as balm. I absolutely love this combo!

David Green likes this.
  6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Can anyone comment on how this compares to Razorock The Freedberg? I'm a big fan of the Aventus scent and have been searching for one with a good and lasting scent strength. I like that he offers a bath soap, shave soap, balm, and splash. I'm sure that will help make the scent stay...lol.

7. DamianJ

DamianJ New Member

Always hearing good things about executive man and sharp dressed man. Apart from being inspired by the creed scents, does anyone have any other descriptions of the scents?

8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Check here for scent descriptions:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131702.html
    I'm pretty confident the best description you'll get here is z" it smells good."

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

It is close to the Freedberg. The Freedberg may have a bit more scent. Both are excellent soaps.

crackstar likes this.
  10. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Just getting ready to place another order, and have a question for those who have done so recently. Is Rod now just including the tin labels with the soaps?

Last time I ordered he was still requiring that you order the labels separately. Just wanted to clarify, as I can't see anything on the website about it now.

11. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The tins are under "Hardware"..............

SDK likes this.
  12. HammeredThor

HammeredThor Active Member

I used to be all for Stirling but once I got some different artisan soaps I noticed that most of the Stirling soaps have an.. erm.. Unique? Scent to them. I looked it up some say animal-like scent that could be it idk.

Either way- go to Ginger's Gardens and pick up some of their Aventus-scented soap.
    In my opinion superior to Executive Man

13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

You have to order separately for $.20. There's two basic designs, you choose the product name you want.

SDK likes this.
  14. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Thanks guys, I found it. His website is different every time I place an order ;)

Spyder likes this.
  15. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

David Green, Dubs and Spyder like this.
  16. Shaveathon

Shaveathon Member

Can anyone comment on the longevity and projection of Executive Man? I'm tired of buying aftershaves that last just an hour. If only all of them had the longevity of Aqua Velva Musk or Old Spice Musk, I'd be very happy.
    I've heard that some scents in the Sterling line as well as Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements have good longevity. Did you all order yours with menthol?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  17. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

I have Executive Man and I also have Fine Platinum (Both based off of Creed Aventus) to me and to my Wife's nose Executive Man lasts on average 3-5 hours and Fine Platinum lasts on average 4-6. If you want a long lasting Aventus scent you cant go wrong with either. My personal choice is Stirling as it is not as citrusy as the Platinum.

Simple solution :Get both and smell awesome! :)

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Shaveathon

Shaveathon Member

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely try the Stirling first as they have a slightly more favorable shipping rate. It would be terrific if Fine and Stirling followed Ogallala's idea and issued a regular strength and double strength cologne version, too. I wouldn't even mind an EdT strength. From what I understand Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements aftershaves last quite a bit. Has anyone tried Stirling's Black Cherry or PAA's Chocolate Bourbon? I'm one of these guys who not only likes the alcohol burn, but doesn't mind longevity and projection.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

BC that NEW is quite a looker. Which replater did you use?

20. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

I prefer the executive man over the silver because I feel like the Stirling product is a bit softer and more well rounded. Great stuff

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk