Toothbrushes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Ryan B, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

What type do you people use? I just use a generic one that I picked up at Walgreen's for $3. I had an electric one when I was a kid, but never stuck with using an electric one. I never noticed a major improvement in my teeth while using an electric either, so I think it's a gimmick. My favorite toothbrushes have been the boar toothbrushes by Acca Kappa. I got one a couple years ago from my Secret Santa. But at $7 plus shipping for each one, I will stick with something local. Unless there is a boar bristle toothbrush I can pick up locally.

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Yes, but how is it for face-lathering? :D

4. Ryan B

I'll get back to you on that. :cool:

Dzia Dzia, crackstar and macaronus like this.
  5. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Knowing how my boar shaving brushes smelled when I got them, I wouldn't be looking forward to the break-in on a boar toothbrush. :O==

I use an electric and it helps me avoid scrubbing too hard and damaging my gums. That's probably just a YMMV thing though.

Dzia Dzia and trey06dmd like this.
  6. Ryan B

This might just be me, but I didn't notice a dead hog smell when I was breaking in my boar toothbrushes. I found myself scrubbing lighter with a boar toothbrush as opposed to nylon. I tear up my gums with nylon bristles.

Dzia Dzia and crackstar like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A soft Oral-B.

8. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Whatever I get "free" at the dentist. Like you, I (nor my dentist) could tell any difference in my teeth between electric and non electric

9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Zendium or Colgate, depending on the offer at the store.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Found a box of 'em from what looks to have been dentist office giveaways in the '60s. Work great, esp. for 19 cents each.

Anyone remember the ones from about 20 years ago with the big oval head and a big thumbgrip on the handle? I had one and wish I'd put more back.

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I use the Equate brand dual action electric toothbrush from Walmart.
    toothbrush.jpg

12. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Usually just whatever decent looking two pack I see first

Bristle Me likes this.
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

soft oral b, aqua fresh or crest. keeps my teeth white, my breath nice, and my gold shining.

14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

From a guy that was born a decade later. You must be fun to go antiquing with, so it is to bad you don't live down the street.

15. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I still use the Spiderman tooth brush I got when I was a kid back in '95. :eek:

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

At least you're using one.
    I've known a few folks over the years who didn't seem to believe in toothbrushes. :sick007:

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Spider brush, spider brush, brushes teeth like a spider does.... kills that plaque of any size...

Sara-s likes this.
  18. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Big or small it kills em all
    Look out
    Here comes the spider brruusssshhhhhh

Sara-s and richgem like this.
  19. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've got a few Acca Kappa's and a few Swissco's and like them both but I've never found them locally.
    My favorite local toothbrush (and my favorite toothbrush, period) is the Dobson 50 tuft large head that I get at Walgreens. You'll never use a wimpy dentist freebie brush again.

20. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Soft Oral-B Pulsar...pretty religious about getting a new one every 3 - 4 months