Toothbrushes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Ryan B, Apr 21, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I do like the looks of that, but it reminds me of a denture brush. Will swing by WG this weekend.

Radius is the one I was thinking of. Didn't know they still made 'em.

John Beeman likes this.
  2. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I buy about any brush, and then give it a 21 day soak before using.

23ylabel1.jpg

Brushing is fun! :)

John Beeman likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've never seen the Radius before. I might have to send for a 6 pack.
    The first time I stumbled on the Dobson in Walgreens I didn't buy one because it seemed ridiculously large but then I figured I could use it to clean grout if I didn't like brushing my teeth with it. Now after getting used to it, it makes other brushes seem wimpy by comparison.

4. Albert Hui

Albert Hui Active Member

Oral B soft. Replaced about once in less than a month. As soon as the bristles start to spread, it gets replaced. Colgate Total is the toothpaste of choice.

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I just use an Oral B Advantage toothbrush from the local drugstore. My dentist also gives them out as a freebie when I get my teeth cleaned.

A boar toothbrush? I have heard that the boar toothbrushes are better at lathering the toothpaste than the badger toothbrushes. Besides, the silvertip toothbrushes are really expensive. I have never tried the horsehair tooth brushes, but heard they are hard to find. ;)

A dentist I had long ago recommended using Plax mouthwash before brushing, and it does seem to work pretty well.

richgem likes this.
  6. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

Boar toothbrushes are great to use.

If you have liked them before, maybe just buy them again. Yes, they are $7 a piece, but shipping is free from the Italian Barber .com.

At least, I assume you'll spend more than $60 there anyway, so shipping will be free:bounce015:

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or you could just keep using your favorite comic book character / birth year toothbrush like @Dapper-in-a-can-man. :D

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  8. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I'm going to make it a new "thing" like a SOTD a TBOTD. Today I used Colgate Optic White w/ a '95 first edition Spiderman toothbrush finishing with Listerine Coolburst

InspiringK and richgem like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I use aan ultrasonic electric toothbrush. I think the main benefit is it stays on for 3 minutes so I brush my teeth for 3 minutes.

10. richgem

Pix or it didn't happen. ;)

11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

I'll do it tomorrow!

12. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I was just gonna say it must have pretty good backbone, though it might take a while to get the funk out...

13. Dapper-in-a-can-man

[​IMG]

14. richgem

bonus points for color Coordination. :p

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  15. RazorRookie

RazorRookie New Member

once the battery dies on a rechargeable electric toothbrush your in trouble as they're not designed to be replaced. Unless you have the tools,time and know-how you'll have to bin it. That's what happened to me. After a few months of it working well it rapidly refused to hold a charge and ended up in the garbage.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can toothbrushes be re-bristled? Is there anyone who provides that service? Asking for a friend.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good point. That's why I use an electric that takes regular AA batteries. I like it over a manual toothbrush, because it just feels good.

18. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Arm & Hammer Spinbrush. It takes 1 AA $5

19. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

I'm surprised so many decidedly un-electric shavers show a preference for electric toothbrushes....

How do I unfriend on this site?

20. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

My toothbrush has synthetic bristles.