Polish Shave Creams WARS or LIDER

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by TheFiveO, Apr 23, 2015.

1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Hello fellow wet shavers. I was curious if any of you have experienced either of these two Polish made shave creams. I am half Pole on my mothers side and as I get older I want to experience more of my heritage. I heard about these two creams and Wanted to know if anyone has tried these?

Thanks for indulging my questions.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    Michael_W, Jasio78 and GDCarrington like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I used WARS many years ago and remember having liked it. I never tried Lider, but wanted to. Darn you for reigniting that! ;)

They sometimes pop up on ebay and/or Polish ebay at a good price. I'm sure your mom can help you, but on the Polish site, you want to search for "krem do golena" (shaving cream).

edit:
    Here's one example (no relationship with seller), for one of each:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-2-Sh...3?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_212&hash=item463908d5e1

edit2
    There are also other sellers that have free shipping if you buy other bundles. You could always PIF anything you don't like/want.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Michael_W likes this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Hmm.... interesting. After having good luck with Hungarian cream maybe I should go to Poland. What are the scents like?

Michael_W likes this.
  4. richgem

IIRC, WARS is/was lemony-soapy.

Michael_W and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Oh, that sounds terrible. I think I'll stay away.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have used both but WARS is my choice hands down. One of my favorite creams but it seems I use it during the winter months more than any other time.

These are BIN listings that can be displayed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-2-Sh...7?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_212&hash=item463908d5e5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wars-Classi...95?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2c8e79147b

crackstar and richgem like this.
  7. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I had a tube of Lider classic a few years back.
    It was a good performing cream, the scent reminded me of Fruity Pebbles.

8. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Great post. I too am half polish, on my mothers side , and it's interesting how as you get A bit older, interest in your heritage seems to deepen. My brother and I would both agree with that.

I had never thought of polish shave products. But it's a fantastic idea, and reason to add something a little different and quirky to the den.
    Good luck.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lollllll I'm not Polish but I speak it fluently, (my parents also speak it!) and I've tried both Lider and Wars. Both of them are very good. I'd say I prefer the Lider.

Dzia Dzia and Jasio78 like this.
  10. richgem

I just caved and bought a 6-pack from ebay seller open_razor who is in Poland and with whom I've dealt before. The set consists in 2 each of Lider Classic, Lider Active, and WARS. About $23 counting shipping after conversion from Zloty.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My wife is Czech and shaves with a SR ( legs) thx for the post. I may get her some

TheFiveO likes this.
  12. richgem

:eek:

13. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I'm 2nd generation on my dad's side third on my mother's but I know very little Polish. I'm jealous.

Jasio78 likes this.
  14. TheFiveO

Rich you must have been the one who out bid me! I bid $22.00!! I am really interested to hear your feed back on the products.

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. richgem

mine was a Buy It Now auction. But I will report back.

TheFiveO likes this.
  16. TheFiveO

I think he notified me of that as well and I was SOOOOO pickin close to pulling the trigger. I had a drawer full of soaps and creams so I felt guilty about spending even just $23 buck! however the guilt has passed! LOL

I would be interested to here how long the shipping takes

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. richgem

Polish mail is pretty good and he shipped the next day iirc. But so much depends on U.S. customs.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    GDCarrington and TheFiveO like this.
  18. TheFiveO

Good point. (ie Customs)

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. richgem

I just did some checking... .I ordered on the 7th. He shipped on the 8th and the package made it to Customs in NY on the 11th (yesterday). Very fast on the seller's part and on the part of Polish Post.

Edit: even more amazing, it moved through 3 major Polish cities in two days! Beat that USPS!

Item posting 2015-05-08 13:41 UP Wadowice
    Package sent 2015-05-08 16:43 UP Wadowice
    Item arrived 2015-05-08 18:33WER Kraków
    Item arrived 2015-05-09 18:23WER Warszawa
    Package sent from Poland 2015-05-09 18:23WER Warszawa
    Package acceptance 2015-05-11 00:54ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. TheFiveO

DANG! To była szybka

wiele goli szczęśliwy!