Parker 89R discussion

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sparky5693, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator

Attached Files:

2. That was a well written review.

3. sparky5693

Administrator
    I don't do them as often as I should, but I got really excited about the razor. :ashamed001

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great review Bobby! It sure is a looker too :D I've gotten a couple Parkers from Rene, they both shaved well....I do really like the looks of this model though.

Congrats!!

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

gorgeous razor, Bobby--use it well, buddy!

6. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'm told the three piece models are the best of the lot, but this is the only one i've used. I'm gonna change that soon though. This razor is just so good that I have to.

7. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

Nice Review, Nice Pictures.

Anyone Know: does parker make an adjustable?

8. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

No adjustables Jeff , and there wont be any for some time so no need to start looking.

9. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

They sure are some sharp looking razors. Have to put one on the 'to try' list.

10. riffin

riffin Active Member

To improve the grip, get 10-20 #7 O-rings from hardware store and roll them over the handle. I did this first with m Future. Ten fit perfectly in the hollow of the grip. Then I put them in my Progress. I got ten more and they almost completely cover the Progress's handle. It make a nice nubbed rubber grip.

11. Austin

Austin Member

I received a Parker about 1.5 years ago and thought it was poorly built. It felt cheap and the head looked misaligned. I did not try it because I did not want to subject my face to a rough shave. Perhaps the quality has improved.

12. sparky5693

Administrator
    This is the only one i've tried so I really don't know if they've improved or not I have heard the TTO parkers aren't very good. I'm definitely gonna try one of the other 3 piece parkers. i need to know if it's just this parker, or if all are good.

13. Austin

Austin Member

The Parker I received was a TTO. Hopefully, the 3 piece are better made.

14. sparky5693

Administrator
    You're now the second to tell me the TTO parkers aren't very good... that's quite a shame.

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Andrew, with respect to your opinion and experience, I have 2 versions of the Parker 22R, and a 91R--all 3 of these razors shave me so well, that I don't even need to use a straight razor any more. I also find the construction of these razors excellent.

16. Austin

Austin Member

Jeff, my comments were based on my observations. I also respect your opinions and think anyone interested in this razor should judge for themselves.

17. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I've heard mixed reviews. I thought about trying them at one point. Then I got the best DE in the world and quickly discarded the idea :happy102

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

FatBoy huh? ;)

In my own travels I am sort of the same as Mike here. I have heard so-so things about Parkers but also some people who swear by them. Really that is some of the fun factor of this hobby.. everyone can have something different!

19. I think Sparky gave a very fair review from his personal experience giving both the positive and negative preception of the razor. I would be interested in hearing from others who actually use a Parker rather than the he said she said.

20. sparky5693

Administrator
    Ya know... with so much of the shaving gear, it seems each product works differently for each user. I can't say this will be the best razor YOU will ever use, but i'm certain that it's a capable quality product.

For me, I get horrible shaves from a fatboy, but they have enough of a following that I know they are a great razor. To date, the merkurs have been the best for me (until this parker).

If it helps you any, i'm using a sharp brand blade, as I personally have good luck with them (ip's are a close second)