Barber Pole Slant

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TstebinsB, Mar 5, 2008.

1. "After the formation of the United Barber Surgeon's Company in England, a statute required the barber to use a blue and white pole and the surgeon to use a red pole. In France, surgeons used a red pole with a basin attached to identify their offices. Blue often appears on poles in the United States, possibly as an homage to its national colours. Another more fanciful interpretation of these barber pole colours is that red represents arterial blood, blue is symbolic of venous blood, and white depicts the bandage."

After looking around and finding this, I wonder why people still use red and white for barber poles?

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I can hear all the teeny boppers in the room going, "Oh, she dissed you. She called you son!"

3. You win ! - Now a blue and white barber pole would be something to get excited about !!!

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sorry, I should have said that that was in my best Foghorn Leghorn imitation.

And it should have actually been; "That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son."

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

THAT was dissing me?! Man, you haven't been paying attention around here! :rofl

I knew that. But you have to admit, you calling me "son"..... ;)

6. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I really meant I could hear the teeny boppers.. My friend still teaches and I used to teach high schoolers. Calling someone "son" is the kind of thing that really gets them going. ;)

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yes, but Michael feels dissed when I call him "old". "Son" is a welcome compliment to him.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

If you say so...

9. netsurfr

netsurfr New Member

Have had my eye on that razor for some time. Left a couple of Father's day hints so who knows...!

10. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

3rd time around with this razor. My skin and I seem to be getting used to it. It IS more aggressive, but the shave is really coming out close. (Closer than I was getting with the 34C.) No nicks after first use. and the razor burn feeling dissappeared after 2nd use. I'm starting to warm up to it...

11. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I just got the original slant - AGAIN - so I could practice for real this time. Hopefully, it works well enough for me so I can warrant upgrading to the BP Slant. And I'm not messing around because I'm using Feathers in this baby!:shocked003