Newbie Needs Summer Soap Advice

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rufus T., May 28, 2015.

1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Summer is making its way to the Great Pacific Northwest (temp around 80F today!)

So I'm looking for suggestions for a summer soap / cream and after shave splash / cream for a cool summer shave.

Now I'm looking to go slow, not @crackstar level of frozen!
    :Animatedfrozensmily:

Not crazy about heavy scents of peppermint or such, but just that refreshed, cool me off in the summertime feeling. :cool:

Thanks in advance!
    -RT

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

TSDS Iced Subzero is fantastic! Plus every purchase helps keep the den up and running.

3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Excellent, thanks!

I'd been considering ordering something from there after I finish a handful of samples. (Though it seems more members here tend to have "a few" choices always available in their den.) ;)

I just didn't know where to start and was mostly a confused newbie taking a shot in the dark ordering something that just sounds good. Thanks for taking the time providing some advice. This will hopefully give me a good starting point.

:thanks:

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You can customize the menthol level...Iced Subzero is great stuff though! I suggest unscented TSDS 1x menthol for something less @crackstar level.

5. Hollow Ground

Hollow Ground New Member

Ingram tick all your boxes for cream, Myrsol Agua de Limon for Aftershave.

Rufus T. likes this.
  6. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

I like using DR Harris Arlington, Proraso Green or Palmolive when it's hot. As for AS, Floid Suave for me, the mint is refreshing.

Rufus T. and spacehobo like this.
  7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont like menthol soaps or crèmes but I do like Soap Commander balms. They have a nice touch of menthol or something like it that you start to feel minutes after applying it. The Passion and Love are the two I have used and both give you that refreshing ice feeling and also do a wonderful job of moisturizing the face.

Rufus T. likes this.
  8. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

TSDS' "Lemon and Figs" scent is another way to go for a very 'summery' scent; JoAnna will add as much, or as little, menthol as you think you need to keep your cool.

Alternately, a "Grapefruit Mint" or lightly mentholated "Pink Grapefruit" scented soap is very refreshing on a hot day.

Rufus T. likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Rufus T. likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

TSD's M-Bomb - add as much or as little menthol to what ever you want.

Sara-s, Omelmad and Rufus T. like this.
  11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I got a sample of Stirling Lemon Glacial bath soap when I made my last order. It was one of the only "glacial" types I enjoyed. Reminded me of Riccola cough drops, and I love those things.

Rufus T. likes this.
  12. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'll say cold water shaves with your favorite menthol cream/croap/soap followed with a generous splash of Osage Rub will do the trick.

Rufus T. likes this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have been looking into getting some Iced Subzero or Sterling Glacial soaps because I have been on a menthol kick lately. I would recommend TSD soaps Iced so you could get any scent you like with a bit of menthol but not face freezing. I recently picked up the Iced Havoc (aqua velva type) and it has a very nice amount of menthol without being crazy.

Rufus T. likes this.
  14. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Stirling Margaritas In the Arctic. That is all.

Rufus T. likes this.
  15. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Stirling - MITA, Glacial Obsidian
    TSD - Iced Energy, Sub Zero, M-Bomb
    Shannon Soaps - Lavender Lemongrass, Lemon Freeze
    Aftershave - Your favorite with a few drops of M-Bomb

Rufus T. likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

+1 :signs011:
    Clearly, great minds think alike.